Thread: A/C issues ???

Thanks

A/C issues ???

just wondering if anyone else is having this issue
    every time I turn on the fan the A/C comes on regardless of the setting or temp outside
    this can be a pain on a cool morning and the windows are a bit foggy
    any info would be helpful before I decide to go to the dealership

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    just wondering if anyone else is having this issue
    every time I turn on the fan the A/C comes on regardless of the setting or temp outside
    this can be a pain on a cool morning and the windows are a bit foggy
    any info would be helpful before I decide to go to the dealership

One of my old car, every time you put the selector to "front defrost" the a/c will go ON, its a normal setting to help remove humidity from the interior.

Thanks
    Observations on the Micra's A/C:
    -If the front defroster or combination defrost/floor ventilation is selected, the A/C automatically engages, as it does in pretty much every modern car with A/C. What sets the Micra apart is the fact that it can be disabled by pressing the A/C button. I couldn't do that in my previous car.
    -I can really hear the compressor when it kicks in; the "Thunk" sound is the loudest I've ever heard.
    -The A/C is more than adequate for the Micra; I suspect it's a shared component engineered to cool larger Nissan vehicles. Sometimes, it can cool a little too fast, leaving me feeling clammy, especially if the outside humidity is really high. I find adding in a little bit of heat mitigates this.
    -I've been unable to verify if the Micra incorporates a WOT cut-off, but I strongly suspect that it does, as the power it takes from the engine is really noticeable whenever I turn it on while driving, but the car doesn't feel any slower under WOT acceleration.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I never use the A/C cost to much fuel. Drive 55 with all windows down works for me.
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    With my current K13 1.2L I lose some power when the a/c kicks in. With my previous K12 1.6L it was exactly the same. This a/c seems almost too large for this size of car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    I never use the A/C cost to much fuel. Drive 55 with all windows down works for me.
    I tried that once; the sound from the tractor trailers surrounding me was deafening!

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...