Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rims For Snows? (Micra lug pattern/hub bore/offset same as Versa Note?)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi Guys - also looking for steelies.
    I am at a loss for words ... Tire Rack is telling me they HAVE NO steel wheels that will fit our Micras!

Are the specs that different? Anyone found steel wheels elsewhere?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dede View Post
    Hi Guys - also looking for steelies.
    I am at a loss for words ... Tire Rack is telling me they HAVE NO steel wheels that will fit our Micras!

Are the specs that different? Anyone found steel wheels elsewhere?
    Hey bro, the issue is the large hub bore (60.1mm) combined with small PCD (4x100) is somewhat of an oddball configuration. If you just want 15'' steelies I would get 'em from the Nissan dealer and save yourself some hassle.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thank you Aftica, that's always an option. Someone mentionned that Canadian Tire is listing a steel wheel for the Micras... anyone confirmed they actually fit?

Thanks
    Likely because Tire Rack is a U.S. company and the Micra isn't sold in the States. It doesn't even show up in the vehicle selector. Search for Versa Note wheels -- same as the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Someone mentionned that Canadian Tire is listing a steel wheel for the Micras... anyone confirmed they actually fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Likely because Tire Rack is a U.S. company and the Micra isn't sold in the States. It doesn't even show up in the vehicle selector. Search for Versa Note wheels -- same as the Micra.
    I just checked CT site and they list a steel wheel for Versa Note (pt# X41547)that will fit, but the specs are slightly different than stock Micra steelies. Hub bore/diameter/and bolt pattern are the same, but the difference:
    1) They are 6'' wide stock are 5.5'' wide.
    2) Offset is 43mm, stock is 50 mm.

So these will work, but they will stick out a hair over 13mm more than stock, which is not a big problem other than aesthetics. If you are using these for a nice skinny winter tire...they will slightly stretch the narrower tires, but again, not a big problem. They are about $70. If the stock Nissan Micra steelies are in that price range I would consider them a better option.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I have an email exchange with Tire Rack, I specifically asked for steel wheels with the following specs:
    Size: 15''x 5.5''
    Bolt pattern: 4X100
    Hub bore: 60.1mm
    Offset: 50

Tire Rack answered they do not have wheels in stock that meet these specs.

And I think the Versa hub bore is smaller, isn't it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I just checked CT site and they list a steel wheel for Versa Note (pt# X41547)that will fit, but the specs are slightly different than stock Micra steelies. Hub bore/diameter/and bolt pattern are the same, but the difference:
    1) They are 6'' wide stock are 5.5'' wide.
    2) Offset is 43mm, stock is 50 mm.

So these will work, but they will stick out a hair over 13mm more than stock, which is not a big problem other than aesthetics. If you are using these for a nice skinny winter tire...they will slightly stretch the narrower tires, but again, not a big problem. They are about $70. If the stock Nissan Micra steelies are in that price range I would consider them a better option.
    Hmmm, thanks for finding these, I had trouble navigating the CT site... so $70 for steelies + taxes + mounting and balancing....

...or...

Pretend it is a Versa Note (as recommended above) and choose mags like these (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...al&showRear=no)
    from Tire Rack for $85 per wheel, with tires already mounted, with hub-centric rings and bolts + 5% GST.

Should go for the mags I think...

Thanks
    Hmmm, thanks for finding these, I had trouble navigating the CT site... so $70 for steelies + taxes + mounting and balancing....

...or...

Pretend it is a Versa Note (as recommended above) and choose mags like these (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...al&showRear=no)
    from Tire Rack for $85 per wheel, with tires already mounted, with hub-centric rings and bolts + 5% GST.

Should go for the mags I think...
    Hey bro, yeah the CT site can be troublesome and does not always provide complete specs.
    The wheels you linked wheels look nice, but there are a few things to consider...

1) That price does not include tires.
    2) Beware online prices for wheels and or tires ordered from the US. With shipping /exchange/possible border fees, it gets expensive in a hurry, gotta do the complete math. EG: The tires I bought for my car ended up slightly cheaper rolling, than if I had ordered from Tire Rack...and I had them on the car within 3hrs of picking up the phone to a local dealer! (NOT Canadian Tire!)
    3) Those particular rims you linked (15x6.5 ET38) will poke out close to an inch (just over 24.5mm) more than stock steelies, if that matters to you.
    4) For comparison, my local dealer is offering a 15'' winter wheel and tire package for the Micra @ $599 + tax. Don't remember the brand of tire though.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Hey bro, yeah the CT site can be troublesome and does not always provide complete specs.
    The wheels you linked wheels look nice, but there are a few things to consider...

1) That price does not include tires.
    2) Beware online prices for wheels and or tires ordered from the US. With shipping /exchange/possible border fees, it gets expensive in a hurry, gotta do the complete math. EG: The tires I bought for my car ended up slightly cheaper rolling, than if I had ordered from Tire Rack...and I had them on the car within 3hrs of picking up the phone to a local dealer! (NOT Canadian Tire!)
    3) Those particular rims you linked (15x6.5 ET38) will poke out close to an inch (just over 24.5mm) more than stock steelies, if that matters to you.
    4) For comparison, my local dealer is offering a 15'' winter wheel and tire package for the Micra @ $599 + tax. Don't remember the brand of tire though.
    1-Yes, understood
    2-The trick is to import the tires personnaly. Minimum saving of %40 to %50
    3-That would be a good thing, the wheel is an inch wider after all, so right off the bat that's a half-inch more to stick out.
    4- Wow, that would be a great price, don't believe I've seen that offer in the Ottawa area, certainly worth a few phone calls Thank you for that information

Thanks
    FYI.... I called one dealer in Ottawa. They had no "winter packages" promotions, but they looked up what they could put together.

They were offering 4 snow tires and steel rimas, mounted and balanced, for $761.

I was interested until I asked about the brand of tires... Get this, they were Sailun Iceblazzers.... some cheap Chinese tires. Wow, really disapointed in Nissan.