Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for my Micra.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Waiting for my Micra.

Ordered my Micra about two weeks ago. Still waiting. Red Alert S, bare to the bone. Manual. I test drove an auto with air conditioning but there's no way i could justify spending the extra 3 g's on that stuff. When I went to sign the documents at the dealership they tried to sell me the extended warranty for $1200 or so, undercoating for about the same, and since you don't have a/c how about tint. Ummmmm. No thanks to all of it. Just give me my $10000 car and I'm good. Put $500 down so already paid off 5% of the sticker price.

Currently own a 1995 BMW 318ti with some performance upgrades. It's rusting away. Also have a 1997 BMW 740iL and wow that thing is burning a hole in my pocket. Enough is enough. Going back to the basics and I am super excited. Maybe I should take the 20" wheels of the 7 and throw them on the Micra. Anyone want to buy some bimmers?

Will post pics as soon as the Micra arrives. Does anyone have a roof rack on their Micra? Just wondering how it looks?

Cheers to all.

Thanks
    Hi MicRay - welcome to the forum!

Did they give you an E.T.A. on your Micra? You may have read a couple of threads that the "special order" cars are taking a while to come in (often longer than the dealer indicates).

And while I would have passed on $1200 (really??) dealer undercoating, you'll probably want to look into aftermarket options (see thread: Rust protection) if you're planning to keep the car a long time.

I always liked the 3 series ti hatch - neat car. Is it a manual too?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Day 38 ( really 47 )
    My micra has still not come, the weather is getting colder and less likely of any chance to enjoy summer with my car. The other cars are still sitting on other dealerships lots. 52 days left, haven't even received notice if the car has reached WIP. Then still have to wait for it to hit "on rail" in order for it to be 1 month or less from delivery. day 38 going insaaane.... lol.

if you have placed an order and a deposit, look at all things you signed. they have 90 days to provide you with a car, However its 90 days from the delivery date that is printed on the quote , not the date when you order it. Also dealers tend to place all orders at the end of the month so they can minimize transportation costs ( cheaper to ship 20 cars together than 20 cars separately ). I payed deposit and placed an order on the 21 of June, and the delivery date provided on my invoice was jun 30th. Car has to reach WIP for me to obtain a VIN for my insurance, then it reaches the rail, and from there it takes on average 30 days to get the car to Canada, and hopefully in the purchasers hands. My suggestion, take up a hobby while you wait. By the time you get your car you will be very skilled at something possibly useful lol.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 08-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hang in there. You seem to have a good attitude, anyway ... which hobby will you be taking up?

In the event this is somehow related to unexpected manual vs. automatic demand, I've asked Nissan about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No hobbies, just lots and lots of reading.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    something is not right about what they are telling you
    I special ordered my Micra, it took a total of 27 days from the point I signed the agreement to purchase to delivery
    I ordered a blue 5 speed sv with the convenience package
    From Mexico it takes the train 7 to 10 days max, from the point the dealership called me to inform me the car was on the train it took 7 days, the dealership then took another day to do the pdi
    I would be asking for your deposit back or a serious discount
    P.S the dealership I bought from arranged a rental car for the last week I had to wait

Thanks
    I will be asking for even more of a discount. I will also be making a big deal of everything when Get the car, and make sure that if they ask me to survey their service I will tell them outright that they failed across the board, and if they even so much as want to receive any good feedback from me they need to remedy the situation....saddest thing of all after about 30 days of waiting 7 new micras turned up on lot. All of the cars though are auto. I have a feeling they screwed up and didn't order my car. That being said its probably mostly my own fault for haggling so well to begin with, that they could care less when i receive my car. To my knowledge I am the only person on here who is paying cash ( or cheque ), and to top all that off i paid less than the sticker price of 9999 to start.

triple edit: Dave just have to ask, was the car already built when you had purchased it? or was it already on rail? Also and finally, when did you receive your VIN to get your insurance. Chances are if you were handed a VIN within say 48 hours, the car was already built and on its way to canada.....
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 08-08-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicRay View Post
    Maybe I should take the 20" wheels of the 7 and throw them on the Micra. Anyone want to buy some bimmers?
    If you sell the 20" wheels you could pay for a quarter of the Micra! Welcome to the site BTW.

Thanks
    the car had to be ordered from the factory in Mexico as non were available in the color or with a 5 speed with the convenience package
    the dealership was great at keeping me informed once the order was placed with the factory, they were pretty much dead on with the delivery date
    as for a VIN I never needed one for insurance, the dealership took a copy of my insurance called them and had everything set up with new insurance slips for the day I picked up the car
    I basically had to do nothing but wait for the call
    to be honest I'm not really sure why your dealership would ask you to arrange the insurance transfer when they cant provide a VIN

Thanks
    My thoughts exactly, but hey I am still waiting. Today is day 42, still nothing. Contacted the salesperson saturday( because apparently that is the person I am to be communicating with ), still no news.