Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY: Turning your Micra into a micro cargo van... rear seat removal

Thanks
    Thanks for that modification, Big black bear. You're not the first to report it was hard getting the seat out the way I described. I'll edit my post and add your instructions with mine.

What's your motivation for taking the seats out? What are you moving?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm retiring soon. Lola will be my fishing partner.
    I won't be able to fish all day, non-stop, without laying down from time to time.
    It's not the age, it's the mileage. I'll leave only the driver seat in. A Versa model or something better.
    I'll do next the limo tinting on back windows and hatchback window. Next week, possible.
    For privacy reasons and aesthetics. I'll keep in touch with this wonderful forum community.
    This community help me a lot with their posts and it will definitely help me in the future.
    If I can do anything to show my gratitude, please let me know.
    Big black bear and Alberta Micra owner.

Thanks
    Anyone able to comment on just how bad the noise level is after removing the seats? I am just trying to make some space for my pup/camping gear but don't want it at the detriment of my ears.

Challenge accepted lol

Lol. Neat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Big black bear View Post
    It's time to thank you for step by step description on getting a Micra cargo van.
    I followed your directions with only one minor change. I found it hard to release the back seats clips just
    by raising the front end. I found it easier, for me, to take first the back ends out by lifting them up.
    Then, standing outside the car, with the door opened, from the each side (both front and back of the cushion
    in the same time using both hands), pushing the cushion from the bottom up.
    Using the metal stand as a support for my hands. It took a big push, but I didn't damage
    anything. Nor did I hurt myself in the process. The rest was very easy. I still needed a second person to help with the
    seats removal. They are pretty heavy.
    I'll take pictures as soon as I find a suitable rubber mat (or mats) to cover the bare metal area.
    Thank you.
    Big black bear and Alberta Micra owner.
    It’s because of the style of clip used sometimes they catch sometimes they release I am even the same card reinstalling it and pulling it back out they can be different the second time

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Anyone able to comment on just how bad the noise level is after removing the seats? I am just trying to make some space for my pup/camping gear but don't want it at the detriment of my ears.
    It's definitely noisier. I've stripped much of the interior out of a couple of hatchback cars, and even drove with bits of tissue stuffed in my ears for long drives!

However, laying a thick blanket over the floor will quiet it down some.

I'd say just try it - it's not that hard to pull the seats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...