Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Turning your Micra into a micro cargo van... rear seat removal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamMurphy94 View Post
    That looks good, and seems relatively simple to do! Myself and one buddy are going on a road trip in my Micra during the summer. This is a good idea because I could possibly throw a foldable sheet of plywood or some thin flat surface to lay back there, throw a mattress on top of it and when I go to sleep in it, just get a tarp or something to wrap around the open hatch and protruding makeshift Micra bed! Congrats, I just turned my Micra into a Micro camper/RV!
    haha, def. post picture of that !!!

CMM

Thanks
    For sure! It'll be the first road trip with my car, so I'll definitely make a thread on here documenting the trip including some pics of the sights and of the setup, lol.

Thanks
    +1! Pics, please.

I actually know of someone who made a mini-RV out of an old 4-door (wagon style) Geo Metro. So it can be done with a Micra!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    +1! Pics, please.

I actually know of someone who made a mini-RV out of an old 4-door (wagon style) Geo Metro. So it can be done with a Micra!
    That's awesome! Any pics?

A while ago I was looking at pictures and videos of people converting their vehicles into RV's or mobile homes for off-grid living. One guy had a 3-door 1990s Ford Fiesta over in the UK and converted it into his home.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Part 2: Micra Pickup Truck

I had the opportunity to pick up a light but long load while I was driving the Micra -- birch bark for a canoe:

The handy child seat anchors in the cargo area (at the base of the seatback) are perfect attachment points for a ratchet strap:

Attachment 625

An aluminum ladder makes for a good "extended load deck" out the back -- in this case an 8-ft ladder. With the bottom end on the folded seatback and some padding under the middle where it rests on the hatchback opening:

Attachment 626

Cinch the ladder down hard, and it's remarkably secure. I could stand on the outside end. And using a ladder as your load deck gives you lots of options for tie-down points for whatever you're lugging.

Of course if you're going to be carrying anything with actual bulk (say, heavier than birch bark), you might also want to secure the ladder so the outside part can't move side-to-side.

And don't forget your bright red flag on the end of your load.
    plate is from quebec and you are from ontario ?

Thanks
    Bien oui!

Nissan loaned me this car for a week last summer, and it came from their Montreal media fleet. Meme chose avec la Micra S, cette ete.

I thought someone was bumping this thread to tell me about the competition from the Honda Civic pickup truck...

Name:  1379599308781717574.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  52.1 KB
    (From: This 1977 Honda Civic Actually Makes A Perfect Pickup Truck)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (08-12-2015)

Thanks

Thanks
    I love those. I never had one, but I owned many Rabbits (MK1 Golfs) when I was a kid.

A diesel one would be interesting.

Thanks
    It's amazing what you can fit in these Micras

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2720
Size:  15.5 KB

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wintink For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-25-2020),ptbo micra (12-14-2015)

Thanks
    It's time to thank you for step by step description on getting a Micra cargo van.
    I followed your directions with only one minor change. I found it hard to release the back seats clips just
    by raising the front end. I found it easier, for me, to take first the back ends out by lifting them up.
    Then, standing outside the car, with the door opened, from the each side (both front and back of the cushion
    in the same time using both hands), pushing the cushion from the bottom up.
    Using the metal stand as a support for my hands. It took a big push, but I didn't damage
    anything. Nor did I hurt myself in the process. The rest was very easy. I still needed a second person to help with the
    seats removal. They are pretty heavy.
    I'll take pictures as soon as I find a suitable rubber mat (or mats) to cover the bare metal area.
    Thank you.
    Big black bear and Alberta Micra owner.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Big black bear For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-25-2020)