Thread: Child seats in Micra- Need help

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Child seats in Micra- Need help

Hi all,

I am looking at ordering a new Micra but need a little info. I am going to look at the Micra this week for my family for our everyday driver, but I have one small child and have another on the way. I am wondering is it possible to fit childseats into the back of the Micra? We only use rear facing, there is absolutely no info out there on this at all. I know there is no way to know for sure without taking in our seat and trying it, but just am looking for info on this before we get our hopes up as we really love everything we are finding out about this car!!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Well it has anchor on the back of the seats does that help?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BanjoMicra View Post
    Well it has anchor on the back of the seats does that help?
    It does help, but I am wondering more for room to fit one. It is a smaller car, so I am wondering if there is room, or will the front seats need to be so far forward no one else would fit in.

Thanks
    Its not too small of a car, if you have a car seat however you should arrange a meeting with your dealer. They are more open to helping you as long as it involves a possible sale. If you mention to them that is your only hesitation they are more than likely to accommodate you to try and help you solve your dilemma. When i say its not too small of a car, my father owns a Chevy Sonic ( which is also a nice car but overpriced because its manufactured in Michigan i believe ) and its almost the same size, be it a few inches shorter and a few narrower. Even he however commented on how much room there is in the vehicle! Just ask the dealer for a bit of help, and you should have your problem solved!

edit: some dealers are so nice as to drop you off if you can only arrange one way transport.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 07-26-2014 at 07:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a booster in mine, its no problem and it also has the LATCH system for newer carseats/boosters.. Some rear facing ones might need you to move the front seats up. And if you need to adjust the angle, roll a towel under it.

Worst case, most fire departments hold clinics to help you install them.

The Micras LATCH-3 system also positions the carseats closer to the center, likely to avoid the side airbags. Your only going to get 2 carseats in the micra. Max.

The rear seat isn't adjustable for rear tilt, and is fairly upright. Depending on the size of your children I personally do not recommend rear-facing beyond 2 years in this particular car. Of course, this depends on the size of your child and your opinion. Your the parent, it's your call.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-28-2014)

Thanks
    On this subject, I had to chuckle when I saw the Micra includes a graphic on the rear seat illustrating what to do when traveling with a too-cranky child: Attach anchor, deploy anchor out rear of vehicle...

Name:  icon-child-seat-anchor.jpg
Views: 4273
Size:  52.5 KB

Enough to make James Bond proud!

I agree: best would be to take your seat to the dealership and give it a try. Please let us know what you find out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...