Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One final part left to find: rear hatch handle! Any assistance welcome.

Thanks

One final part left to find: rear hatch handle! Any assistance welcome.

Only one part left to find and I will have every part on the car that I want, without having to buy the sr trim. If the part exists that is, but I am assuming that it must. I need to find out the number for the rear hatch handle so I can either get it coloured to match the rest of the handles, or the body ( I am assuming that its just like the handles listed on their website, and is available in certain colours). Anyone have a number I can go bother my dealer with lol? Will post as soon as I find out the part number/price, or if its available.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-11-12-13-...item58a7efa8f7

I found this. Not the authentic part.. But you could strip and paint the cover...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well if I get the side sills they will have to be painted, so maybe I will try to just get them to remove and paint the hatch handle worst case scenario.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Looks like it would be easy to get to.. There doesnt seem to be much holding that pad on the trunk lid that covers the handle on the inside.. Strip it, prime it, paint it. Napa used to (Maybe they still do) sell a rattle can of color-matched paint for 20 bucks. Might be a good way to do all those little bits and parts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    problem is I if I am getting the side sills painted they will be matched to the car, whereas I am getting all of the handles and the mirrors done in the shiny black colour to match the sr spoiler. Though I have no problem getting them to paint the extra part, problem is it will match the car. Yes the hatch handles when finished match the colour of the car but I really want to get all the handles, the two mirror covers and the spoiler to match. Worst case scenario, red. Best case scenario I can locate a shiny black handle to put on the back of the vehicle.

Thanks
    Are you also doing SR wheels & tires, or picking another style of wheel?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nah, I think those are a bit pricey for rims. at $799 I could probably negotiate a pair of enkei or konig wheels that weight sub 15lbs each, for a little more. The tires I am not so sure about yet, only concern would be putting some good winters on the steelies around november.

Thanks
    Hi, I just removed my and painted it with Kyrlon fusion plastic paint and it did an excellent job. At that for 8 $. Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  102.9 KB Here is a picture of it .

Thanks
    Here is the completed jobName:  image.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  78.4 KB