Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior underdash lighting

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomammaglitches View Post
    Well I used a "fuse tap" to add an additional fuse dedicated to the lights. The fuse tap wire goes to a junction of wires with a switch you can turn them on an off if the car is turned on or with accessories running. I could send you pictures if you'd like on the process and walk you through it.
    that would be great. I wondering if this would work for ambient lighting will driving or if you use it at additional light to the "robust" interior light the Micra came standard with?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    that would be great. I wondering if this would work for ambient lighting will driving or if you use it at additional light to the "robust" interior light the Micra came standard with?
    1. you need to buy a "mini" fuse tap although the fuses are mini low profile it still works. Then find a circuit that will allow 10 Amps (I used the window washer fuse)
    Name:  DSC_0427.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  86.4 KB
    2. You're going to need to attach a red wire to the new fuse tap you installed which will then go to a switch with a negative wire and a ground wire. Run the ground wire to any exposed metal (I used the clutch bracket)
    Name:  DSC_0430.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  82.9 KB
    Name:  DSC_0428.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  94.8 KB
    3. Splice the wires and run them to the lights.
    4. Lastly make sure to secure any loose wires as you don't want them to get in the way of anything. (don't mind my messy wiring lol)
    Name:  DSC_0429.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  92.8 KB

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yomammaglitches For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-23-2016),not_a_bot (01-03-2017)

Thanks
    I went cheap with mine and just got some LED strips that got power from the 12V plug in. I'd post a picture but someone went through my car and actually took them.