Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why a conventional 4-speed automatic in the 2015 Micra instead of a CVT?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I can accept it. Almost guaranteed that is why the US isn't slated to get the Micra. The Versa sedan sells like hotcakes in the US.

Thanks
    In the end, the dealers probably don't care too much which car they sell (if they're only a grand or so apart)! They make a lot more money from the service department than they do from the sale of the vehicle itself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Good point. Has anyone ever seen an analysis of profit of a sale vs profit of maintenance? These days cars require less and less maintenance...

Thanks
    CVT vs. 4AT was one of the questions I asked when I drove the Micras in Montreal with Andrew Wilton, the car's chief marketing manager.

He said it was primarily a cost decision, and didn't disagree with me when pointed out that decision also protects the Versa Note's position as the most fuel efficient automatic in their lineup.

I regret not writing it down, but I believe the difference to Nissan is only $300 between the 4AT and CVT. Shows you how price-sensitive they're being with the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I see these posts are from march ... So does micra have cvt or conventional transmission?

Thanks
    Hi everyone ... What is the interval to change the transmission fluid on Nissan micra ? I found info I the booklet it states only for towing and driving in muddy train.

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hyedegha View Post
    I see these posts are from march ... So does micra have cvt or conventional transmission?
    No CVT in the North American Micra. It's a conventional 4-speed automatic with lock-up torque converter.

As for servicing, didn't you get a servicing/warranty booklet with the car?

Thanks
    My first Micra was an automatic, I never changed the transmission fluid. Not saying that's a good idea, but it never seemed to hurt it.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    No CVT in the North American Micra. It's a conventional 4-speed automatic with lock-up torque converter.

As for servicing, didn't you get a servicing/warranty booklet with the car?
    I did but doesn't say anything about transmission service interval ( except for Towing and such )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hyedegha View Post
    I did but doesn't say anything about transmission service interval ( except for Towing and such )
    Anyone has an answer ? Please ?