Thread: Nissan Micra tries to join the Mile High Club

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Nissan Micra tries to join the Mile High Club

Name:  micra.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  94.8 KB

This should be interesting to follow.

Happy Canada Day, everyone! By the time you read this, I’ll probably be past Hope and well into my third extra-large Tim Horton’s double-double. The quest: to drive Canada’s lowest-priced new car from sea-level all the way up to Canada’s highest paved road.
    Nissan Micra tries to join the Mile High Club

Thanks
    Non-news!!

It's silly to try to set this up as some kind of "challenge" ... OH! WE'RE EVER SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE LITTLE MICRA! WILL IT MAKE IT? Come on. Has the weak, manufactured suspense from "reality TV" migrated to auto reviewing?

I'd rather read stories about how in the olden days people had to drive old cars uphill backward because reverse gear had the only ratio that could get them up the steepest parts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Now that would make it real interesting do it in reverse with the back up mirror. lmao

Thanks
    Probably a Tim Horton's at the end of that road to .
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    FYI, the NAIL BITING CONCLUSION (yes, sarcasm) of this oh! so! difficult! challenge has been posted in review format:

http://driving.ca/nissan/micra/auto-...ssic-road-trip

And I'd like to add, "The quest: to drive Canada’s lowest-priced new car..." isn't even accurate. They went in an SR automatic, "Canada's highest priced Micra!"

(With apologies... all the hyperbole makes me grumpy.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I knew it would make it, but I side with you Metro.. "Oh yeah.. lowest price car(butwegotEVERYTHINGinit)..."

I know having the armrest would have been kinda nice! I dont have one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I agree; the new Micra is a very capable machine that should handle anything that any well engineered car should be expected to take from nature and planet earth. I would've been more impressed if this trip was completed in an original 1.2L 1990 Micra today.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^ Yes! That would have been an outing better matched to the manufactured suspense.