Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: 2004 K12 fuel filler pipe vent hose

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2004 K12 fuel filler pipe vent hose

    Greetings !

    I have a question regarding replacing my fuel filler pipe. The top of it where the fuel cap screws in is completely rusted so I ordered the new pipe from eBay. But now when I look at the car, the vent hose has a kind of plastic coupling (similar to electrical connector) and there is some heat shrink over the joint between metal pipe and rubber hose.

    So I can't find any reference to the heat shrink, maybe this was added by a previous owner? So do I just cut it off so that I can disconnect the vent hose, then afterwards cover with new heat shrink ?

    Anyone seen this before?


    Name:  20240202_173750.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  90.6 KB

    Last edited by Flapster; 02-04-2024 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added pic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts