Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Micra :: 2015 Nissan Micra SV (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    My Micra
    Nissan
    Micra SV
    Brilliant Silver
    5MT

With convenience package

Modifications

Condenser coil protection screen
    Commodore logo
    Euro Micra plate in back window shelf
    15" 5 spoke brilliant silver alloy rims

Comments: 21 / Views: 56756
    Thanks
    Celebrating 20,000km of trouble-free service with an oil change today using the Fram oil filter.

Name:  WP_20141023_007.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  99.0 KB

Was going to do some more rust-proofing (on my fourth can of spray), but decided a wash later this evening was in order.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - my family had a 64. I remember the upgrade from cassette tape drive to floppy disks.
    That was an amazing upgrade, wasn't it? I went from keeping my files on the flipside of the tape in my Walkman to a floppy disk I could easily store in the inside pocket in the back of my 3 ring binder, so I could use both sides of my tapes for music. It was wonderful!

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^ I actually LOL'd at that! Thanks for the chuckle.

And congrats on 20k on your Micra, Paul. Now I understand why you were talking about putting a million km on it.

You're 2% of the way there - keep going!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - my family had a 64. I remember the upgrade from cassette tape drive to floppy disks.
    My goodness! What a flashback. I recall loading again and again the Sword of Fargoal cassette in our VIC 20. We had a double deck that could duplicate cassette.. I guess I was an early pirate. Argh. I sure don't miss BASIC programming nor prolog. But I miss my Atari 512ST. It was so much fun.

Nice sticker..I'm sure it draws smiles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sword of Fargoal! Now I'll have to play that...on my Vic 20, from my megacart. I do miss the days of the Atari ST, Amiga 500...the golden days, when computers were fun and productive, and we all thought we'd be rich from our home computer expertise.

Today being the first full day above freezing and warm enough to hand wash my Micra, I went for the alloys and putting the factory all-seasons back on with the new alloy wheels:

More pictures and a write-up can be found here:

http://mymicra.com/?p=521

Thanks
    wow, you are quick to remove your snow tires. Often in March there are big snow falls, even in April, it's not uncommon. Here it's not even permitted by law to remove the snow tires before March 15th.

I washed my car as well today. It was sooo dirty. Now it's sparkling like new Next thing I am going to do on mine is to have the windows tinted as dark as law permits.

I bought one of those dash cam, pretty cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    We often get some snow after March break, but it's usually nothing a good set of all-seasons can't handle. Besides, I wanted to take advantage of a slow time in my work cycle and beat the crowds; my Micra will probably live in the garage most of the time before March 15th, but come April, I probably won't have the time to do much of anything as I expect things to get busy again.

Thanks
    A significant milestone. I cruised right on past 40,000 kilometers and didn't even notice.
    Name:  IMG_20150427_194427.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  93.4 KB
    The only issue I've had has been a burned out headlight. I've only done oil changes and replaced the air filter once. The factory brakes still work as good as new, no sign of rotor warp or brake squeal in spite of how I drive.

My last car, a 2002 Grand Am GT, was constantly in the dealership for problems when it passed 40,000 km, and brake rotors that shook the car at every stop wasn't covered. I had to fight to get the driver's side power window repaired.

Micra is one fine car that keeps on saving me money and headache, even as I wring out every ounce of fun whenever I can.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Woohoo! Congrats! I just passed 8888 km this weekend.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Glad to hear the Micra is marching along well.