Thread: Finding Garage Lifting Points

Thanks

Finding Garage Lifting Points

Today I was searching for "garage" lifting points other than the pinch welds & ended up with a blank diagram (with
    Japanese symbols in red) while using the K13 Workshop manual I found on this forum (39.9MB)
    I recently had the scissor lift jack fail on another car (it just started binding) & would prefer to use a hydraulic jack/floor jack to lift my Micra.
    I don't want to damage my pinch welds which seems easy to do even with hockey pucks/slotted pads installed on a jack, especially if using a rolling floor jack that cant roll because of uneven surfaces which could cause the car to fall.
    Today I found a PDF version of the workshop manual (143MB) that is searchable & located the same page but the picture worked OK.
    I plan to spray some yellow paint on the 2 "garage jack points" so I can find them easily later.
    I do plan to use a hockey puck on top of my floor jack to protect the underbody paint (if there is any there)
    Here is the DL Link

https://www.workshopservicemanual.co...2010-2017.html

Attached Images Attached Images    

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

4Aaron GE (04-01-2023),Ajijic (04-05-2023)

Thanks
    i smooshed my pinch weld on day 1 of owning the car with hydraulic jack...i use short 2x4 with slot and layers of old inner tube,but i cant really recommend it,even with the cut pucks i still use the old,extra thick bicycle inner tube i had. im not sure even looking at the manual understand where those are!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    im not sure even looking at the manual understand where those are!
    The front is the middle of the crossmember that the lower control arms bolt to. On the rear, you're looking at a tow hook that's towards the left side of the car.

Thanks
    I have some decent car ramps so I plan to drive the car up & crawl under to take some decent pictures of the lift points.
    I mentioned in my post about the danger of using a rolling floor jack on pinch welds.
    Check out this youtube video which probably explains the danger much better than my words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2pddWSh520

Thanks
    I had a look at the rear "tow hook" & got quite a surprise. Look whats written in the plastic under the rear bumper area
    It appears you just lift up on the bottom of the hook as it appears quite sturdy.

Thanks
    hopefully its spelt correctly and not missing "ed"....good find! i wonder if there are any Easter eggs at the front!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I decided to rotate my tires the other day & had a good look at the factory scissor jack & confirmed
    it DOES NOT lift up on the pinch weld but on the flat area inside of the pinch weld 2 notches.
    My local Nissan dealer damaged/bent the pinch welds at the front of the car by lifting on the weld itself BTW.
    Sorry the pictures are not great, kind of hard to get the focus right laying under the car.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (04-14-2023)