Thread: Steel Rim question.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Steel Rim question.

I have been looking for a steel rim to fit 185/60/15 Michelin summer tire. Options seem limited and Canadian Tire doesn't even have any. People mentioned Canada wheels in here and on website theres two options. 1) Steel premium gloss black 15x6, bore- 60.1, offset 42.

2) Premium Black E-coating 15x6, Bore-60.1, offset 40.

My question is, which offset is better and closer to OEM? And from the two options which one would you choose? Thank you.

Thanks
    The original wheels are 15x5.5 offset 50. The 42 will pull the wheels out 14mm at each corner. The 40 offset ones will pull the wheels out another 2mm out from there. It's a minimal difference, really. But the 42 is closer to OEM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aaron GE For This Useful Post:

Zombies (03-21-2023)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    The original wheels are 15x5.5 offset 50. The 42 will pull the wheels out 14mm at each corner. The 40 offset ones will pull the wheels out another 2mm out from there. It's a minimal difference, really. But the 42 is closer to OEM.
    Well the rims came, i ordered the 42 offset. They instead shipped me the 40 offset ones and one pretty badly bent rim, with all boxes all smashed up. If I have to keep the 40, I hope it will fit properly. I contacted them and just waiting for their response.

Last edited by Zombies; 03-24-2023 at 01:09 PM.