Thread: New to Nissan

Thanks

New to Nissan

Hey everyone.

I am new to Nissan and I'm sure you can tell by my screen name I'm very much a fan of a different brand. However! I am not here to preach that my preference is better than yours. Infact I am here because I recently purchased a 2018 Nissan Micra S with a 5 speed manual transmission because I needed a 2nd vehicle in my family and I had read that this vehicle would be my most efficient choice in both fuel and insurance, that being said I am in a small financial agreement that will last 1 year from now and I was hoping to get some help learning the ropes of the Nissan Micra 5 speed what should I do physically? (Ie new plugs new fluids new battery? That kind of stuff) and also what I should know on a personal level (ie. Ideal shift points for the transmission and how often the oil should be changed) for piece of mind I have read the manual a couple times but I would still prefer the opinion of people who have been using this vehicle as a real life experience type thing. Anyhow any help to make the best experience from this vehicle would be helpful
    Thank you in advance Micra community.

Last edited by Mazdalover1994; 03-12-2023 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks
    whats the milage ? i see 53k

i have 53 k on a 2015

should have replaced the brakefluid

battery coming up soon (2015)

thinking about coolant replcement

i replace oil and filter every 8k kms, its SUPER easy to doyourself

follow manual
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Hey thanks for answering the car has 52,863 as we speak I had the oil replaced the transmission fluid changed the coolant replaced the brake fluid replaced and the clutch was replaced at 52,000 even I plan to use Pennzoil Ultra every 6 to 8,000 km I'm new to Nissan so I'm just looking for any guidelines owners that have had it for a while May consider I'd like to get the most out of my new Nissan

Thanks
    MY 2015 just rolled 60.000 I would say just like any vehicle. Keep up with the service intervals and the car will treat you good.

I do my engine every 5000 cause it's been a habit. I know they say 8000 but?

Thanks
    at the end of the day"toslow" i will have about 200 extra dollars over you when we both die, OR your car will last longer and ill be out 20K...we'll see who pays for the cofees ^^ ..up there!..(heaven?), ill be lookin' for you!..lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Welcome! I live very close to you and am also a huge Mazda fan and have owned several over the years. I currently own a Micra because the CX-3 wasn't great on gas and was expensive! I also have a 2020 Pathfinder Rock Creek that own because the Mazda CX-9 was too small for our family and had a limited tow capacity.

The FSM is easy to find is you do a Google search. If you can't find it, shoot me a message. There are no real special recommendations - just follow the owner's manual maintenance schedules. The Micra has been produced for decades and continues to be produced outside of Canada. Nissan has done a great job of perfecting this econobox so its very reliable and uses proven components. Nissan changed the oil type/grade for the Micra at some point, but I can't remember when. Use 0w-20 synthetic and change your oil as recommended.

If you are looking for parts in the US, you will likely need to search using the Versa Note model which shares a lot of components.

You will find that the manual transmission has a short final gear which means it revs like crazy in 5th at highway speeds. You will find you can comfortably shift into 5th gear at almost any point over 60km/hr. However, the car has plenty of power (best in class) and fuel economy is great all things considered. You will figure out what shift points work best for you. I found the clutch pedal to have fairly minimal travel - the clutch doesn't engage until the clutch pedal is almost fully released (my Mazda 2 was the same).

I have owned two Micras (2017 MTX & 2019 ATX). The Micra truly is a great car even if it isn't as fun to drive as my Mazda2 from back in the day. If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out!

Last edited by JOEMAMA; 03-24-2023 at 08:37 AM.