Thread: Water in trunk area? 2015 micra k13.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Water in trunk area? 2015 micra k13.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had water sitting and slushing around in the bottom of the trunk. Removing the floor carpet and the styrofoam jack and tool holder. I was cleaning and getting ready to lay a cargo mat in there, when i noticed a lot of water sitting in there and now there's some rust spots. Maybe a rear door seal? or water running down rear lights?

Thanks
    groan,flashbacks of the hondacivics/prelude ive owned....i park inside so im not sure my checking would help
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Zombies (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    groan,flashbacks of the hondacivics/prelude ive owned....i park inside so im not sure my checking would help
    Well I think it was a false alarm, it rained all night and i checked in the afternoon today at it was dry in the trunk. So I'm happy about that. I just remembered today when my brother in law took it in for the safety, he had a busted up right rear tail light housing replaced with a new one. Maybe the water was channeling down there. Not sure, going keep my eye on it. Thanks

Thanks
    i think you had a funnel with the broken taillight!!..lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    i think you had a funnel with the broken taillight!!..lol
    Yea I was horrified lol. There was 2 inches of water, mud, sticks and nails in there. I just checked again. It rained all night again and it's dry, phew. Not sure where the mud, sticks and nails came from, I'll check that off as a mystery.

Thanks
    A broken tail light will absolutely cause trunk leaks which is far more likely that the hatch seal.

The first generation Dodge Neon used a cheap foam gasket behind the tail lights that would breakdown prematurely causing water to leak into the trunk and due to the design of the vehicle, the water would make its way to the rear and front passenger floors as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOEMAMA For This Useful Post:

Zombies (03-24-2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMAMA View Post
    A broken tail light will absolutely cause trunk leaks which is far more likely that the hatch seal.

The first generation Dodge Neon used a cheap foam gasket behind the tail lights that would breakdown prematurely causing water to leak into the trunk and due to the design of the vehicle, the water would make its way to the rear and front passenger floors as well.
    Thanks for update. It's reassuring to know that the leak is fixed now. It's funny you mentioned Neon. I had a 2002 Neon for 9 years. And had that exact same problem the water would swoosh around and freeze in the winter lol