Thread: Clutch Pedal Spongy? 2015 Nissan Micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Clutch Pedal Spongy? 2015 Nissan Micra

Hi all, I am writing to ask if anyone has any advice on the following technical problem. I have a 2015 Micra with a manual transmission. A few weeks ago, I ran into the problem that the clutch pedal would depress but not reset, so I could not change gears readily. I replaced the master clutch cylinder, and it seemed to work for a couple days, and then the problem returned. Did an air bleed procedure today, and was seemingly never able to bleed all the air. Checked the line for obvious leaks and could not find anything.

I fear that the issue is the concentric slave cylinder in the transmission... But could I be wrong? is there something I may have missed?

Thanks for your input!

Thanks
    the springs in the clutch are what makes it "strong" so POSSIBLY.....POSSIBLY the clutch diaphragm springs are shot...to many high temp burnouts!...if your not LOSING fluid i doubt the concentric slave cylinder in the transmission is bypassing..leak maybe , bypass =no

OR...is there a return spring under the dash ?never looked,old car had that..its not a strong spring though,there may well we other problems

Link to service manual: https://www.workshopservicemanual.co...2010-2017.html

if you have 70K plus and a bad driver before=they wore the clutch out...does clutch SLIP????
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Is the clutch slipping?

Thanks
    following for comments.

Without being able to offer any help I did have something similar happen last winter. Clutch pedal went to the floor and never came back. Mechanic pulled the pedal up and wasn't able to replicate a problem. It happened once more and then nothing in the last year or so. Coincidentally I had the same issue also with a 2000 Maxima that I had. Both cars have hydraulic clutches. It's not something that my mechanic has ever been able to find a problem. For me it was only the isolated 2 or 3 occurrences within a few days on the Micra over a year ago and I was able to pull the pedal back up and carry on. Hasn't happened again since.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-03-2023 at 05:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (03-03-2023)

Thanks
    i had a friend who had that problem on a subaru...i told him the same thing...its the diaphram springs on the clutch " over centering"

suggests a worn clutch because they would over center if the disc was thinner in my opinion...BUT if it dont slip..U guud!!??

ive never had that happen and it would freak the POOP out of me!!!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your replies! So the clutch/brake fluid is going down in volume, albeit slowly. Did another air bleed and managed to get the clutch to work again for about a week. After that time, the fluid level had dropped and the clutch pedal hitting the floor again came back.

When I had the micra on blocks, I could not find any evident leaks anywhere from the tank, clutch master cylinder, or hydraulic tubing. I checked my brake lines too, to see if the leak could be somewhere along there, but didn't find any sign of leaks.

Which brings me to the thought that it is the concentric slave cylinder or maybe the diaphragm (as was noted by Mr.Micra).

Does anyone have a lead on part number guides? I want to see if I can find either part equivalents (Versa maybe??) or maybe sourcing parts from Mexico. Trying to avoid those sky high Nissan parts.

Thanks again folks!!

Thanks
    Check under the driver side dash where the rod goes through the firewall and see if there’s fluid running down

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToSlow For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (03-09-2023)

Thanks
    check the inside of all 4 wheels for fluid wetness..if the fluid level is dropping somewhere there is a leak, since you have clutch problems i would say the concentric slave in the clutch is leaking, its in the bell housing and hasn't leaked out yet?...maybe not, put a piece of cardboard under engine to see if leaking. its either the clutch master or slave...slave is not easy to replace.advice to change master if you are able and have time..its not GOOD advice though

2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build