Thread: Hi! Good Morning!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi! Good Morning!

Hi I'm new and recently bought a 2015 Micra S from my brother in-law just had to pay for the safety. I had a Jeep Patriot for 11 years and it fell apart on me all at once. I like this car a lot and bought a roof rack for it and a ton of new parts from the safety. It has 198,000 kms on it and it's still in good shape. There's a lot of information on here and i'm looking forward to read it all. Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombies For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023)

Thanks
    It's encouraging to see that a 2015 Micra with 198000 on it is still going strong, bodes well for my 2017!

Have you noticed any rusty/bubble spots on the car? My 2017 had some, but it looks like it was just paint chips the previous owner never touched up and they ignored... for reasons? Which then promptly rusted because Nova Scotia *all the salt!*

I had them all repaired by Maaco (one particularly bad area near the windsheild on the roof & was spreading along the seam of the windshield) then had the car Krowned, so hopefully that should fix it's little red wagon.

If you live somewhere they use copious amounts of road salt, if you can afford it, undercoating will probably do wonders for longevity of this car.

Enjoy your car! I love my little Micra 5-speed, it's a blast to drive compared to many other small cars i've owned.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 02-23-2023 at 02:24 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023),Zombies (02-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanks, I tried to reply earlier but kept getting signed out for some reason. I haven't noticed any major paint damage other than some rock chips that i'm currently trying to fix. I also live with salt in southwestern ontario. I oil sprayed it last week. The car is great and trying to get used to driving 5 speed again. I'm very impressed with this car. It's actually quite peppy and stereo sounds good too. Cheers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombies For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023)

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new purchase!
    2019 Micra S - 5-speed
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -HK Silent-Power Exhaust
    -Chassis Braces
    -Reinforced Engine & Trans Bushings

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaszya For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023),Zombies (02-26-2023)

Thanks
    change brake fluid, possible battery,i think your close to sparkplugs if not past, i have 50k on a 2015 manual on west coast=less snow , no problems so far...ive seen pics of rusting to BITS back east, so yea, it should constantly drip undercoat oil!

out of interest...what did they make you change for the safety?
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 02-27-2023 at 10:10 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    change brake fluid, possible battery,i think your close to sparkplugs if not past, i have 50k on a 2015 manual on west coast=less snow , no problems so far...ive seen pics of rusting to BITS back east, so yea, it should constantly drip undercoat oil!

out of interest...what did they make you change for the safety?

Hi Mr.Micra I will take your advice and do just that. Check battery for wear ,change spark plugs and brake fluid. My brother in law took it in and thought he would only have to fix a exhaust leak. Three days later the mechanics changed...
    Wiper blades
    Rear reverse light
    Plate light
    Temp knob broke off and replaced
    Drive belt
    Front lower control arm LH
    Front lower control arm RH
    Bushings
    Alignment
    Fixing exhaust heatshield loose
    Exhaust broken behind cat, Intermediate pipe and spring kit + exhaust donut
    1 3/4'' x 4'' Flex pipe
    RR tail light

The auto shop said a couple things were broken and the rest of those things were worn and that's why they were added for safety. They said everything else was in really good condition. And said it's a reliable vehicle.
    Last edited by Zombies; 03-01-2023 at 08:27 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombies For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023),MrMicra2015 (03-02-2023)

Thanks
    Welcome fellow Micra owner.....I hope your vehicle gives you as much pleasure as mine has. In two years of pretty steady driving my 2019 SV, aside from regular maintenance, Ive had only one thing fail....a turn signal bulb!(replaced under warranty) I suspect very few cars could match that. I think one of the things I like most about the Micra is the interior space. Im not a particularly big guy, but the head and shoulder room is almost as good as my former vehicle, which was a Honda Element. Im hoping the Micra proves to be as bulletproof as the Element was. Enjoy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HammyJ For This Useful Post:

Zombies (03-03-2023)

Thanks
    one could argue about this being safety specific,but might lose....but is it REALLY covered under regulation?
    Temp knob broke off and replaced

how far from the manufacturers specified deflection were these...lol
    Front lower control arm LH
    Front lower control arm RH

thats where they probably made the money

the rest (bulbs) sounds pretty reasonable.

when i bought mine new ...both headlight burnt out in a bought 6months...couldn't believe it, changed them, no problems since....eeesh!

the battery....if its more than 8 years old replace it...its cheap insurance...very cheap insurance....picture you and wife and kids in snowy parking lot and car JUST cranks, but no start..sad face...that 150 dollar batter divides by 8=19 dollars a year...is your happiness worth 19 dollars a year.......i say YES!!!

Last edited by MrMicra2015; 03-02-2023 at 10:00 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023),Zombies (03-03-2023)