Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: entire headlight replacement??? help pls!!!!!

Thanks

Unhappy entire headlight replacement??? help pls!!!!!

I was washing my car the other day when I noticed my headlight was moving outta place. When I opened the hood, I saw that this bracket that holds it in place is completely broken and I think missing a chunk. I've never hit anything so Im not sure what couldve happened. Ive been looking for either a replacement piece or an entire headlight but cant find anything online except weird aftermarket ones that are from like aliexpress and stuff and cant really find anything that looks like mine. Anyone know if I can get a factory one? Or if anyone has changed theirs and has recommendations? Ive tried looking at canadian tire, nissan dealerships, etc. Ive secured it a little with some tape haha but dont wanna wait until it falls out to get a new one. It doesnt move while Im driving so thats okay, only when you touch it, its only being held in place by like 1 part. I tried to attach a photo pls lmk if it works thanks!

Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 828
Size:  96.6 KB

Thanks
    your best bet might be to try and find one from a wrecker. That piece looks like its a molded part of the whole headlight assembly on mine. And just a heads up there's a chance that bracket bolt will break when removing it depending on how rusty the bolt is. Mine did.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (02-18-2023)

Thanks
    jb weld? ..... odd break if not hit...or a buncha tape like you did might last for MILES...or make your own L shaped bracket screwed to headlite...so many free DIY fixin options!!!!! or the wreckers .....weird on the missin chunk if true...start spaying bolt with wd40 or better yet a penetrating..thinnned....bolt lubricant...let it sit...a week if possible, spay repeatedly..spray underneath bolt it looks like...why on earth is "low beams 1 percent" molded into the headlight
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 02-18-2023 at 11:40 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Usually, and like MrMicra... I'm all for the DIY approach!

Since it may be missing a chunk as you say, rather than spending time to take it apart to see... It may be worth it just to get one from the recyclers for ease of replacement. I don't know what area you're from, but I just priced it for Ottawa & it's 42$ for the assembly.

https://kennyupull.com/auto-parts/pr...search-filters

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i dont know much about cars at all, im a female if that explains better haha. could you explain the diy thing a little more for me? & im not sure about the low beam thing i dont even know what that means lmao is it bad?

Thanks
    I don't think any of us know what the low beam thing means. Could be the grade/angle that the beam is aimed out of the housing.

When they're talking about DIY, they're referring to fixing the housing yourself. You could find all the parts and reglue them using JB Weld or some other epoxy. It might be worth doing for practice if you already had a replacement on the car.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aaron GE For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (03-03-2023)

Thanks
    Late reply here but I think this could help someone in the same situation save a few dollars until another mishap with the headlight bracket.

My K13 2013's left hand side headlight bracket broke when I had a minor collision on road with a bus which I had not realized u til it was night and I used the headlights.

Solution:

Hold the bracket in place and pour a few drops of instant sticking adhesive over it along with abrasive such as sand which reinforces the adhesion. Once it sticks well, drive two screws with appropriately sized washers underneath to keep the bracket in place.

Did that and it has held well for years now! Sure, it leaves permanent holes in the body side of the plate but that won't cause problems anyway.

One could always opt to buy a new headlight assembly if they are not comfortable with the DIY.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (12-05-2023)

Thanks
    like specter says....basically glue it back together ....try to get the 2 broken pieces close to each other...maybe remove bolt from broken piece...brace up against other piece and "glue" to be honest im not sure what glue would be best...maybe gorilla glue?

from the picture im not sure where she would drive the screw

what glue did you use....crazy glue i assume?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    like specter says....basically glue it back together ....try to get the 2 broken pieces close to each other...maybe remove bolt from broken piece...brace up against other piece and "glue" to be honest im not sure what glue would be best...maybe gorilla glue?

from the picture im not sure where she would drive the screw

what glue did you use....crazy glue i assume?
    We have here a super-glue named "Feviquick" which sets in about 2 seconds and that could be one's skin to another surface if the user is not careful! Google says that it is basically a mixture of cyanoacrylate ester in a suitable solvent like acetone, nitromethane or DMSO(dimethyl sulphoxide).

Add a pinch of fine sand or whatever abrasive-like dust to the glue before it hardens and you have yourself super-glue concrete; the only way you get to glue those pieces together until you screw them down using a single piece of thin sheet or whatever is hard enough to hold them together!

May be tomorrow I'll share an image of my car's headlight assembly which got the DIY fix years ago? It might helps others in the forum who want to try it should they ever need the reference.

P.S. The headlight assembly moves a little in its place only when yanked but I've had no issues with its functionality so far!

Thanks
    Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  89.0 KB

I've taken the liberty to mark the areas of the broken headlight bracket where there are slim chances to may be use a half inch long, 3 or 4 dia. self-threading stainless steel screw to piece them together using a single piece of thin but robust metal sheet which can hold them together.

That bracket is almost completely broken off at the headlight end, leaving very little fixable area which takes skilled hands to even attempt to fix.

Nylon cable ties / steel binding wires would be my "what more do I got to lose" kind of last option before I personally attempt something more drastic but wouldn't suggest these options to others if they are not skilled enough to handle such procedure.

Last edited by Spectre; 12-06-2023 at 04:25 PM. Reason: changed info.