Thread: brakes & acceleration

Thanks

brakes & acceleration

hey guys i just wanted to come on here and see if this is normal. i'm sure most of you know in regular cars you only need to apply little pressure to the acceleration/brake pedals. i was test driving a few this week and i jerk the car so hard when braking because i'm not used to such sensitive pedals. in my micra, i have to slam the pedal basically all the way down to brake, it doesn't go to the floor and i don't think there's anything wrong with it. but same with acceleration, when i need to speed up more than a few kms, i need to push the acceleration all the way down to get some power (all the way down so revs go up and it takes a few seconds to get up by 10 or so kms, compared to in another car only needing tiniest pressure to accelerate). im wondering if this is normal in a micra? it might just be because it's such a tiny car with small power but wanted to make sure. i've decided to keep her for longer so i wanna make sure im getting the most out of her as the only reason i wanted to trade was for something that accelerates faster or has more power. thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tri1ogyy View Post
    hey guys i just wanted to come on here and see if this is normal. i'm sure most of you know in regular cars you only need to apply little pressure to the acceleration/brake pedals. i was test driving a few this week and i jerk the car so hard when braking because i'm not used to such sensitive pedals. in my micra, i have to slam the pedal basically all the way down to brake, it doesn't go to the floor and i don't think there's anything wrong with it. but same with acceleration, when i need to speed up more than a few kms, i need to push the acceleration all the way down to get some power (all the way down so revs go up and it takes a few seconds to get up by 10 or so kms, compared to in another car only needing tiniest pressure to accelerate). im wondering if this is normal in a micra? it might just be because it's such a tiny car with small power but wanted to make sure. i've decided to keep her for longer so i wanna make sure im getting the most out of her as the only reason i wanted to trade was for something that accelerates faster or has more power. thanks!
    Sorry, I didn't experienced that with our Micra. Breaks respond very quickly and efficiently. And I'm always surprised how the gas pedal is prime when accelarating from stationary position. Can't wait to read what others will answer to your questions.

Thanks
    the brakes on my micra seem like every other car ive driven....the acceleration is no tesla, but with the base manual its not bad....was drivin wifes 2015 fit with GDI and 6 speed today and i think i could take it!!!..no ac no power windows no bloat on the micra
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Our 2015 Micra has always had grabby brakes as well. Perhaps when service time comes to change them it will not be a sensitive. Still OEM at 88K

Thanks
    i think grabby would be better than you felt like the rotors were covered in grease ! IDK the 2015 micra and the 2015 fit feel pretty similar and i drive both regularly

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!