Thread: Excited to be here!

Thanks

Excited to be here!

Hey everyone! Let me start off by saying that I'm quite surprised to see a Micra Forums, honestly wasn't expecting to see one for your everyday commuter-mobile.

I got my Micra last June/July after the transmissions countershaft bearing in my Toyota Matrix let go. It wasn't until these last few months that I've actually started to love the Micra, I think its the fact that its hella small and my payments are a little ****ty (300/mo for 72mo). Insurance is relatively cheap for a "young driver" I'm 24, Fuel and Maintenance are pretty cheap as well. Being a backyard mechanic I will try to fix any issue myself before going to a shop, but can anybody tell me of common issues that I'd have to keep an eye on, that would be great.
    OH is their any way that I can get a Temp Guage? I know Canadian tire sells them I'd just need to know where to put the sending unit

My Micra is a 2017 (s, sv, sr, xt, wrx, idk there's no badge or owners manual), it doesn't have fog lights but it does have ac and power windows, 5speed, Black. Any mods are purely cosmetic at this point but I'm not afraid to try and squeeze a little more power out of the little go-kart
    Canadian Tire Mudflaps, Tinted Taillights w/ LED bulbs, 12 inch lightbar, and 2 Orange/White flood lights, and an attempt to blackout the chrome (poor prep so the paint is peeling)
    God I hate chrome on these new cars, it looks great on my '85 Squarebody project, just not the Micra

Photos to come after work

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonP0420 View Post
    OH is their any way that I can get a Temp Guage? I know Canadian tire sells them I'd just need to know where to put the sending unit
    If you really wanted to... it's easier & cheaper to to hook up an elm27 wifi/bluetooth OBDII adapter and connect to a cellphone/tablet for extra guages. Depending on the app you install (ie: Torque) you can get a variety of gauges we don't normally have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vaszya For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (01-13-2023)

Thanks
    Welcome in the group.

Acording to your description your model is probably a SV. Ours is a 2018 SV, also without identification on the back panel. Micra is a simple mecanic, no frills and very reliable little car and it's a reason why we love it. Most common (but not frequent) problems to check are: knocking of one cylinder, some engine oil consomption, wheel bearings, premature exhaust degradation. A periodic antirust treatment is also a good thing to consider. You can use the search engine on this forum to have more infos. We didn't have, for the moment, any of the above mentioned problems on our Micra.