Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dripping in passenger footwell

Thanks

Dripping in passenger footwell

The other day I noticed that there was water at the bottom of the passenger floor mat. Having no passengers I thought it was really weird, but maybe I flung some snow there. The next day it was back again and further inspection shows me that it is dripping from above, and running down my floor mat. I was able to get upside down and see a little bit to see some drops, but it is not clear where it is coming from as those drops look like they fell from further up.

I had the defroster on each time I noticed the dripping. The outside vent intake thing (near the passenger side of the windshield) was clear of any snow. I have not had this happen in previous winters.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm still under warranty for a few weeks so I will be booking an appointment soon.Name:  20221211_160735.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  93.6 KB
    You can see that the water is dripping down from the water marks on the mat, and it's enough that it pools a little bit

Name:  IMG-20221211-WA0009.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  98.2 KB

You can see a water droplet on the right side, it looks as though it dripped from above that piece as it looks like it dripped down it.

Name:  IMG-20221211-WA0010.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  93.0 KB

Another angle, not much context other than it is under the glove box. Water droplet in the middle of the image.

Thanks
    wow.....yea ive never heard of anyone else with that problem.....thats a warranty issue POSSSIBLY for sure(if there isnt a a leaf buildup somewhere)....i would at least take that in get it documented and an oil change maybe

does anything lookweird under the hood at the firewall ?...open the hood
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Dealership couldn't find anything because it wasn't happening when I brought it in, of course. But it happened twice in December vs never in the last 2 winters.

No idea what things are supposed to look like inside to tell.

Thanks
    Take it through a car wash or hit it with a water hose and see if you can see anything

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToSlow For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (01-14-2023)

Thanks
    Yea 5 minutes with a hose and nothing. Plus I've been driving in the rain since it happened. It was snowing the day I had the original water, with defrost on. It was about a 45 minute drive. But like I said I've been in these conditions many times in the last 2 winters and it's very strange to happen twice only now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to miklo For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (01-14-2023)

Thanks
    Maybe ice and snow got in the cabin filter through the fresh air vent from the outside

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSlow View Post
    Maybe ice and snow got in the cabin filter through the fresh air vent from the outside
    "the outside vent intake thing (near the passenger side of the windshield) was clear of any snow."

that was kinda my thought but he said he cleared the vent...i still think if snow builds up its different than rain

but has the car been in an accident that might have tweaked the body sealant?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Nope no accidents.

And yea I've definitely been in much snowier weather for longer periods when snow DID build up on the little intake. If it was that, wouldn't anything have been coming out of the vents or somewhere else? This looks to be high up behind the glove box, the droplet in the picture was about the height of the top of the glove box I think.

Thanks
    This happened once more, I noticed it after a really big rain. But it's rained hard before and never came inside, and it's rained harder since then and no water either. I held a hose all over the car and nothing either... Guess I'll just keep watching.Name:  20230612_152256.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  98.6 KB

You can see the dripping on the top of the floor mat, and the darker trail that it must have pooled a little.

Thanks
    GENERALLY speaking the fresh air is sucked in from a "box with a drain" so water doesnt get in, if drain tube clogged bad news...i would look down the cowl below windshield...giant leaf?...buncha pollen?

2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build