Thread: Replacing rear hatch seal in 2016 Micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Replacing rear hatch seal in 2016 Micra

I have a base model 2016 Micra (30,000 km). The rear hatch seal is torn and I need to replace it. I looked at YouTube for DIY videos with no success, and tried the search function on this forum looking for information. Can anybody give me any information....Is this a relatively simply re-and-re that an owner can do? Are any specialized tools required? How much time should I allow for this repair? I appreciate any help you can offer. I love the car and this is the first repair it's needed. I just found the forum on Goggle and hope to be a regular visitor here.

Thanks
    can you just silicone the broken part?....its probably 90 percent NOT broken?....yes perfection is nice....but expen$ive...lol......the actual "seal" may not be the first defense in water ingress ?......it may be more of a ""channel"
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    can you just silicone the broken part?....its probably 90 percent NOT broken?....yes perfection is nice....but expen$ive...lol......the actual "seal" may not be the first defense in water ingress ?......it may be more of a ""channel"

The rubber was pretty badly torn. (I tried to move a large set of home audio speakers that were really too big to fit in the car). I decided I wanted to replace it. (The apartment I live in won't allow car-washing, so I need to use a commercial car wash with very high pressure water) I ordered the seal and was planning to install it myself and then the dealership told me that they wouldn't warranty it to be waterproof unless they install it. So, the car's going in to have it done tomorrow. Really pricey (about 275.00 total) but the car's mint with 29,000 kilometers on it, so I wanted it done right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KenWilson For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (11-07-2023)