Thread: How to remove blower fan

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

How to remove blower fan

So some nasty little rodents got put peanuts in my blower fan and got them all out of one side but now I see there are a few more nuts past the blower fins that I cannot reach, how do I take the blower out?

Thanks
    The blower motor is located in the centre of the dash roughly behind the vents. Access for removal is up high on the driver's side. There are a couple of ways you can remove the blower motor, but neither of them are fun.

The first method is to remove the pedals on the driver's side and try to pull the motor out and down. Its an awkward spot to work in and there will be obstructions. This method requires less disassembly but is very cumbersome.

The second method (recommended by the service manual) is to remove almost all of the instrument panel/dash, which isn't hard, but will take a fair bit of time and patience if you're a handy person.

I have attached a few pictures of the fan's location. You can find links to download the factory service manual which lays out how to remove the instrument panel. Juts do a search. If you can't find it, let me know.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  Capture 2.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  94.5 KB

If it were me personally, I would follow the factory service manual recommended procedure. It would take a handy person about 60-90 minutes to remove what's needed in order to gain access to the blower motor.

Thanks
    you cant vacuum or grab them with a baling wire with duct tape on it to make it sticky ? if they went in from the outside, theoretically they should come out

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!