Thread: New Micra Owner, coming from a Mitsubishi Mirage

Thanks

New Micra Owner, coming from a Mitsubishi Mirage

Hello all!

Recently made the jump from a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (CVT) to a 2017 Micra SV manual. (Mainly because of brutal maintenance costs with the CVT) and I wanted power locks and AC!

So far I love the car, so much more fun to drive than my old car, even though it’s not as fuel efficient.

It’s also much more comfortable, far more supportive seats, comfortable ride and suspension, yet also far more responsive to drive.

Only gripes so far is that the paint seems brittle, though that’s pretty common on many cars now.

The previous owner had a rock chip get rusty and they attempted to paint over and it’s re-bubbled, waiting on getting a quote on having it professionally fixed… what should I expect for cost?

Name:  IMG_6657.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  6.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6659.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  16.1 KB

Waiting on the "Micra" front plate cover as the car was from a province that needed front plates, though I don't here and I want to cover the big ugly holes.

Any tips or tricks for someone coming from a Mirage to a Micra?

Last edited by javensbukan; 11-18-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks
    Where is the rust? can't really tell from the picture but on the side of the top? I would think around 300$ for fixing this. If they need to do the whole top, maybe 800$ to 1000$.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

javensbukan (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Looks like the drivers side, top of the front windshield. The paint on these cars isn't the greatest.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Where is the rust? can't really tell from the picture but on the side of the top? I would think around 300$ for fixing this. If they need to do the whole top, maybe 800$ to 1000$.
    That's right, top front right above the windshield.

Thanks! I'll take that number into consideration when I get it looked at... everyone is booked up locally for weeks apparently

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    Looks like the drivers side, top of the front windshield. The paint on these cars isn't the greatest.
    That's correct!

Yeah, it looks like the previous owner didn't see the rock chip until it started to rust, which sucks as it could have prevented a more expensive repair.

I've already went around the entire car and Fluid-Filmed any exposed metal or latches / bolts to keep it okay until I get it rust checked after I have the roof repair done.

My Mirage also had super-duper brittle paint, I made it a force of habit to just go around with a touchup pen a few times a year.

The next on the to do list is to find a blank "Micra" front bumper blanking plate, which is turning out to be harder than expected, as my local dealer doesn't have them and can't source one, so i'm thinking i'll have to hit up junkyards to see if I can find one of a wreck somewhere. If anyone has a spare, I'd gladly buy it off of them!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    That's correct!

Yeah, it looks like the previous owner didn't see the rock chip until it started to rust, which sucks as it could have prevented a more expensive repair.

I've already went around the entire car and Fluid-Filmed any exposed metal or latches / bolts to keep it okay until I get it rust checked after I have the roof repair done.

My Mirage also had super-duper brittle paint, I made it a force of habit to just go around with a touchup pen a few times a year.

The next on the to do list is to find a blank "Micra" front bumper blanking plate, which is turning out to be harder than expected, as my local dealer doesn't have them and can't source one, so i'm thinking i'll have to hit up junkyards to see if I can find one of a wreck somewhere. If anyone has a spare, I'd gladly buy it off of them!
    IN worse case, why not put a euro style fake license plate ? they don't look so bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...