Thread: 2015 Micra Chattering Noise on Driver Side

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Micra Chattering Noise on Driver Side

https://youtu.be/XzJsFGL_ebw

Just started last week. Car has been driving great for awhile this noise just started.
    Car has had transmission fluid, wheel bearings, driver side axel, shocks, struts, tires and alignment all done a few months ago. Been driving great for a long time.

Chattering noise on acceleration from 1000 to 2000 RPM

Sounds like a grinding or chatter gear ⚙️? Have ripped most of the heat shields off the car and one up front around mainifold is still intact.

No vibrations, sliping or trouble shifting…
    Stumped 🤔
    Hoping someone has encountered this before..

Thanks for reading would love to hear anyone’s thoughts 💭

Thanks
    I tried to click the link for the video, but it says its been removed.

Thanks
    Mine had something simular. ended up being the down pipe...on the down pipe heat shield. it seemed intact but half of it rusted appart. Chattering more when cold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    video not available for me either, yea maybe heat shields....engine mounts (wild guess)?...or the mounts letting something else oscillate ,like the exhaust to engine bushing---moving engine/fixed exhaust to car---the is a gasket up near engine that allows the movement...or there should be on a well designed ....koff koff honda.car..that i am more familiar with....haven't had to fix much on the micra so don't really know it...but should in another 18 years.lol

Last edited by MrMicra2015; 08-30-2023 at 08:26 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!