Thread: newish micra driver winter tips?

Thanks

newish micra driver winter tips?

i've been driving my micra for about 6 months or so now, but only in summer and now the fall. so it's gonna be her first winter (my first winter as a driver too). was wondering if there were any exterior items or stuff you guys added for the winter? or winter tips in general as a micra driver? thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tri1ogyy View Post
    i've been driving my micra for about 6 months or so now, but only in summer and now the fall. so it's gonna be her first winter (my first winter as a driver too). was wondering if there were any exterior items or stuff you guys added for the winter? or winter tips in general as a micra driver? thanks!
    The Micra is a great winter car. Other than having a good set of winter tires I always spray silicone on all my door seals and window seals in the fall and its good for the winter. For me I leave for work well before the sun comes up and have found the windows freeze shut almost every night. Add to that I'm on the highway 2 minutes into my drive and the windows fog up on the inside almost as soon as I get on the road. Even with my a/c on and fan in "outside air mode" being able to actually open my windows for a minute is helpful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (11-13-2022)

Thanks
    My only advise is to get some really good winter tire. Nokian as really good with the Micra. I have been using them for 8 years now and the Micra is very stable with those winter tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Make sure you clean out the area inside the fender where the door closes. Leaves and snow like to accumulate in there and freeze, which can keep the door from opening fully.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aaron GE For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (11-13-2022)