Thread: Confused about wheel size

Thanks

Confused about wheel size

HI, I am looking to buy the Fast Wheels Orbit 15'' and I am confused that the Canada wheel site mention it might not fit, but it look right to me. here is the specs

Fast Wheels Orbit mat black

Size ________ PCD ______ Offset ______ Bore
    15x6.5 ______ 4x100 ______ 40 ______ 73

Will that fit the Micra ? I have seen the Fast Wheels Orbit installed on a Micra here, so what the heck, why do they say it might not fit ?

Last edited by dani3d; 10-20-2022 at 12:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It will definitely fit... but good idea to pick up some hub rings since our cars measure in at 60.1mm & those mags are larger at 73mm.

Great choice for a wheel & would love to see them on the car if you get them!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What a relief. I did buy the hub rings as well. I should receive them in a week or 2. I will buy Michelin X-Ice to go on them.
    I will gladly post some pictures. I have an SR but I went with the 15'' wheels instead of 16'' because winter tires are much cheaper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (10-20-2022)

Thanks
    Great! I'd keep them for summer wheels though... but just me! 15" suit the car... Hope you enjoy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaszya View Post
    Great! I'd keep them for summer wheels though... but just me! 15" suit the car... Hope you enjoy!
    Why is that ? I need winter tires, not summer, and I cannot find 185/55/R16 for my 16'' rim so I went with the 15'' rim and 15'' winter tires. I was looking at Canadian Tire for my SR and NO winter tires available at all! So I went with the SV instead. Those are available.

Now I am wondering if I should buy 195/60/R15 instead of the 185/60/R15 since my new rim will be 6,5 inches ?
    Last edited by dani3d; 10-20-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    It's crazy, but Canadian Tire have absolutely no winter tires for my Micra :

Sorry, we found no results for your 2015 Nissan Micra
    Please try browsing other categories, or changing your vehicle.

But they have the X-Ice for the Micra S or SV.

I wanted to buy it there because of the 130$ instant rebate.

Thanks
    I agree with you, CT has a very limited selection on tire sizes!

Both tire sizes you mentioned would work but the 195/60/15 tire you mentioned will affect your speedo by about 2%. Generally, the narrower 185 tire is more preferred for winter & should fit that 6.5" rim (It'd be at the limit though).

Thanks
    wow, I just got another email from the dealer saying these wheels won't fit on my Micra because the bore is too short. Too short ?? but I have seen these wheels installed on a Micra from a forum member here, so what the heck ?

Plus, according to the Fast Co website, the 16''7'' would fit on my car but not the 15''6.5''. both have a hub bore of 73mm and the same offset of 40.

I don't know much about wheels, but how can the hub be too short ? and how can other people install it on their Micra ? I am even more confused.

Thanks
    With everything I'm seeing... the wheel should fit. If anything, It'll be an offset issue more then a bore size issue (since you have hub rings & even then, not everyone uses hub rings). The wheel width will poke out a bit more and will be a very little bit closer to the shock. You're right though, I looked it up on fastco.ca and their only showing the 16" orbits for the Micra. I'm confident the 15's will fit. To be safe, contact Fast and check with them. https://fastco.ca/Fast-Wheels/Contact-Us

My 15's right now are also 6.5" wide, also with a 73mm bore and have an offset of 38mm

Maybe this will help?
    https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Whee...et-Calculator#

Here's a pic of my 15's with similar offset. My tires are taller & wider though.
    Name:  Micra3.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  16.2 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaszya View Post
    With everything I'm seeing... the wheel should fit. If anything, It'll be an offset issue more then a bore size issue (since you have hub rings & even then, not everyone uses hub rings). The wheel width will poke out a bit more and will be a very little bit closer to the shock. You're right though, I looked it up on fastco.ca and their only showing the 16" orbits for the Micra. I'm confident the 15's will fit. To be safe, contact Fast and check with them. https://fastco.ca/Fast-Wheels/Contact-Us

My 15's right now are also 6.5" wide, also with a 73mm bore and have an offset of 38mm

Maybe this will help?
    https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Whee...et-Calculator#

Here's a pic of my 15's with similar offset. My tires are taller & wider though.
    Name:  Micra3.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  16.2 KB
    I contacted the company, I will see what they say. The dealer said something about the board being too short, not sure what is the board. Maybe he meant the bore, not sure that make any sense.

I wonder how the other forum member installed his 15'' Orbit mag. I think that car was sold and probably he is not visiting this forum any longer, so no chance to ask him.

It's very strange that the 16'' would fit but not the 15''.