Thread: A quick observation (air intake location)

Thanks

A quick observation (air intake location)

I was recently looking at the nissan micras engine bay while at the dealership, and I couldnt happen to smile when i noticed that the air intake happens to sweep down under the engine and behind the light. CAI kinda, though you could probably get much better airflow with something other than that plastic junk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    I was recently looking at the nissan micras engine bay while at the dealership, and I couldnt happen to smile when i noticed that the air intake happens to sweep down under the engine and behind the light. CAI kinda, though you could probably get much better airflow with something other than that plastic junk.
    What is CAI ...and is that good or bad?

Thanks
    Lmfao!!! Cold air intake

Thanks
    Be nice meow, this is a forum for people interested in the Micra not for gearheads. I am sure there are plenty of acronyms that people will need some explaining as to what they mean.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup, I reckon we'll see a lot of first time car owners and non-car enthusiast people buying the Micra simply because it's an incredible value. It's why I've geared my videos to the absolute beginner, and take nothing for granted about the knowledge of any Micra owner. Heck, when I owned my first one, I thought splitfire sparkplugs were a great idea; doesn't get worse than that.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It wont be long until someone with fabrication skills starts playing with one of these. Its a light platform that handles well and has a pretty common engine. The versa's have them so it wont be long.. Im not doing it because its been my experience that the more you screw with a car, the worse its reliability gets. But thats just me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...