Thread: Plug life

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Plug life

I've got 100,000 kms on my '15 Micra. Runs great. Wondering if I should replace them.

Anything else the readership suggests replacing at this point. Love this car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bows Up View Post
    I've got 100,000 kms on my '15 Micra. Runs great. Wondering if I should replace them.

Anything else the readership suggests replacing at this point. Love this car.
    I suspect if mainly highway driving vs city driving would have an affect on the wear of the plugs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajijic View Post
    I suspect if mainly highway driving vs city driving would have an affect on the wear of the plugs.
    Mostly Highway as I live in the sticks.

Thanks
    what does the manual say...and they are real pain to change, need to remove intake manifold and special thin wall socket,i will be replacing with gold plated irridum coated pope blessed ones when the time comes, basically i am going to buy the most expensive plug i can!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    You should be able to get the number 4 spark plug out without removing the manifold to get an idea of what kind of condition they're in. IIRC, you'll need some pliers to get some hose clamps and hoses out of the way, possibly a flathead screwdriver to help with disconnecting the plug coil, a 10mm socket to unbolt the coil itself, and a 14mm spark plug wrench (Canadian Tire has one that works) to remove the plug itself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aaron GE For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (09-12-2022)