Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another soon-to-be Micra Owner

Thanks
    Well, saw that coming... Apparently there are zero Manual Micra SV's w/ convenience package in White in all of Canada.
    So now I have a dilemma of picking a different colour, or waiting over 5 weeks for a factory order.
    Another option was to choose automatic instead of manual - but that's not happening.

I was leaning towards Black before, however it's just a pain to have to keep them clean all the time. Sigh... I was looking forward to having a White Micra

EDIT: I've called another dealership and apparently they have exactly what I'm looking for... hmm. Seems like the dealership where I put down my deposit wasn't able to negotiate a trade. May have to look into getting my deposit back and buying from the other dealership. Has anyone ever had to deal with something like this? This is my first New Car purchase.

Last edited by bexnik; 06-26-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: More Info

Thanks
    Bummer.

Are you sure they actually have it and they're not just trying to get you in the door?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Looks like a Manual SV might be rarer than the base model manual.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's what I was initially thinking MetroMPG, but I basically told them not to waste my time driving out there if they didn't actually have it in stock. I've been assured that they do.
    Long story short, ended up getting my deposit back from the initial dealership and should have my white Manual SV w/ Convenience Pkg from this dealership in 5-7 business days. They apparently have it in stock at their inventory lot (it's 401 Dixie, they have the most amount of inventory in Ontario I've been told) so it's just a matter of the deposit clearing and getting the car over to the dealership from their inventory lot.
    Fingers crossed it all works out as planned haha

Thanks
    Fingers crossed! Hopefully that has nothing to do with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Im rooting for you man. Good luck!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sigh... another quick update. So I've been given an estimate of 3+ weeks to receive an ordered white SV w/ convenience pkg from the factory that is about to ship. I'm picking up a loaner car from the dealership tomorrow for all the waiting around I've been doing.
    They also gave me an option of an available SR in white at a decent price.
    Only issue is I hate the seat fabric on the SR, and not too fond of the wheels, although they're better than the SV's steel wheels/covers.
    The spoiler, fog lights, side sills, leather wrapped wheel + shift knob, etc would be nice though!
    Decisions, decisions...

Thanks
    Bummer on the delay, but good of your dealer to offer a loaner.

The reasons you chose the model you did probably still exist, so I'd stick it out. Fight lifestyle inflation!

Thanks
    Ya, it's definitely nice to have a loaner car for the time being MetroMPG.
    I actually decided to go with the SR model now - not because I'm impatient about the wait time for the SV, but because I do really like the SR model but it was always just out of our budget. Now with the deal they offered, it works for us.
    Figured I would ultimately be happier with the SR over the SV
    Should have it by Monday.

Thanks
    Well, congrats on the upgrade, then.

I suppose it's in your dealer's interest to split the difference between a 3-week loaner (which costs them something) vs. a discounted SR.