Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micra Prices(at least in BC) are going through the roof!....

Thanks
    I dont think gas prices have spiked quite as much in Ontario as they have in BC, have they?....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.6 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Going up 10cents tonight to 1.62

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ToSlow For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (10-04-2022)

Thanks
    Currently $2.19 a litre in Mission BC(just outside Vancouver).....$2.49 in Vancouver proper. The oil companies are gouging us using the excuse of lowered supply due to a refinery in Washington state being down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.6 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oil companies have been running record profits, worked in Ft Mac for a while. The barrel could be at 45 bucks and they would still be a profitable bunch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToSlow For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (10-04-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSlow View Post
    I just sold a 2012 Mazda2 five speed stick with 96 thousand on the clock. Only thing it didn’t have was AC

Having a little bit of sellers remorse about letting it go.
    That was the car I was shopping for before I chose my Fiat... great choice! What do you miss most?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the comfort, the speed with lower rpm's than the micra. the overall quality of the car was there compared to the micra. Don't get me wrong i think this micra is a great choice. Just wishing i would have kept the mazda

Thanks
    Just saw a listing a for a Micra over 20,000 CAD$ and had to come here and comment.

Still loving my 2015 Micra SR purchased October 2021 for $9,995 with 69,000 km.

My brother-in-law works the parts department at a Chevy dealer and they have a 2015 Micra SV with 35,000 km that came in on a trade, he says he may be able to get it for $15,000. He really needs to replace his 2006 Chevy Uplander that is completely rusted and utterly unsafe (it stalls on the highway so he makes his wife drive it in the city!!!). I texted him this morning. His family needs a Micra! He has three small kids, and the Micra can literally do everything the uplander is currently doing, other that tow, but they already replaced their ancient Civic with a Kia SUV so they are good there, unless he hasn't gotten around to installing that trailer hitch he was supposed to. Anyone else have a little brother(in-law) that needs a kick in the butt?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NarfBLAST For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (11-22-2022)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NarfBLAST View Post
    Just saw a listing a for a Micra over 20,000 CAD$ and had to come here and comment.

Still loving my 2015 Micra SR purchased October 2021 for $9,995 with 69,000 km.

My brother-in-law works the parts department at a Chevy dealer and they have a 2015 Micra SV with 35,000 km that came in on a trade, he says he may be able to get it for $15,000. He really needs to replace his 2006 Chevy Uplander that is completely rusted and utterly unsafe (it stalls on the highway so he makes his wife drive it in the city!!!). I texted him this morning. His family needs a Micra! He has three small kids, and the Micra can literally do everything the uplander is currently doing, other that tow, but they already replaced their ancient Civic with a Kia SUV so they are good there, unless he hasn't gotten around to installing that trailer hitch he was supposed to. Anyone else have a little brother(in-law) that needs a kick in the butt?
    I'm thinking of selling my 2015 Micra SR in Manual. Pm me if your BIL is interested.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meowiejuie View Post
    I'm thinking of selling my 2015 Micra SR in Manual. Pm me if your BIL is interested.
    Can confirm, small car prices have gone bonkers here in Halifax too.

I sold my Mirage thinking I'd be able to find a newer model small car pretty easily, (I was very wrong).

It took me two months of sleuthing to find the 2017 Micra I just bought for what I think is too much, however there were just no other options without buying a rust bucket.

Here is a sample what Micra's are going for locally:

Low end of the spectrum:

2015 Micra, 200K km, $8500

Higher end:

2019 Nissan Micra $18990

Basically New 2019, $20050

Bear in mind, there is 15% HST on top of that, plus all the fees that go along with buying a car from the dealer.

Mitsubishi doesn't even *have* any new (or used) Mirages in stock, they're taking orders for 6+ months away and the Chevrolet Sparks have all but gone and are going for now crazy high used prices, sometimes often more than what they originally cost new.

For all the small cars being discontinued due to lack of demand, there seems to be a large demand for them.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 11-22-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    I’m from NS, Go back home every year