Thread: R1 Concepts Brake Rotors - Has anyone tried them?

Thanks

R1 Concepts Brake Rotors - Has anyone tried them?

Hi

Meep needs some new rotors, I was looking at the R1 concepts Drilled & slotted ones.
    Anyone have any experience with these or with any drilled and slotted ones for that matter?
    Pros/cons?

They're cheaper than stock and supposedly have better performance.

Now I live in Newfoundland so we riddled with rocks, stones, dirt and heavy road salt - will slotted be worse/better in those conditions do you think?

Thanks for any opinions

https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_ca...++eLINE-Series

Thanks
    Drilled and slotted rotors are typically used in conjunction with high performance vehicles as the holes and slots allow the rotor to cool faster. I don't think you will have any problems with normal road debris. My main concern would be quality as it relates to longevity.

Being in New Foundland, I would heavily lean towards a set of name brand rotors that have anti-corrosion properties. The main issues with cheap rotors is they rust very quickly where the pad doesn't contact and they often have no warp resistance due to the materials they're made of which means they warp very easily and often quickly. I've learned the hard way why buying a premium rotor saves money and headaches over the long term.

Thanks
    Thanks JoeMama - She still has the stock Nissan ones on and they're grinding pretty bad now from rust, maybe a slight warp since I've had her as there was always ad odd swish-swish noise when breaking.

Locally I can get standard ones that are coated and have a 2 year warranty - I guess I'll opt for them since they're only about $20 more each.

Thanks
    Im using dynamic friction rotors from rockauto and can assure anyone that they are very very high quality rotors for amazing pricr. Quality is magnitude higher than oem nissan ones.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Im using dynamic friction rotors from rockauto and can assure anyone that they are very very high quality rotors for amazing pricr. Quality is magnitude higher than oem nissan ones.
    Thanks Plutus, I've bookmarked those in case I need them in the future, just purchased a set at a local dealer.

Thanks
    I put these on my Micra. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Better stopping power than the stock parts and really cheap. Haven't had any issues with them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Excellent to know - I'll keep them in mind if I ever need new ones- the ones I just bought have a 2 year warranty.

Thanks
    Wow - awesome price - I added them to my wish list for future reference. The ones I just bought have a 2 year warranty so hopefully I'm good for a while.