Thread: Rostra cruise 250-9508 works.

Thanks

Rostra cruise 250-9508 works.

Hey Gang,

I have been looking through threads here for probably a year and finding references to 250-9508 working for our cars, but never found verification or confirmation that it actually works. With the kit being ~ $400 right now it's a lot of money to sling on a gamble.

However I'm happy to say that gamble paid off.

I installed the Rostra kit this weekend in my 2019 with one modification to the supplied instructions. The instructions cruise disable says to hook the white wire to a clutch switch triggered ground, only there isn't one. Instead the yellow clutch disable has to be soldered to the wire that gets 12V when the clutch is depressed.

I mounted the switch to the existing blank on the left side of the steering column in the dash. Leave enough wire to be able to pull off the knee panel and undo the screws that hold the switch, as Rostra hasn't supplied connectors for the control plate. The template for the holes that need to be drilled is also stupidly attached to the wiring diagram so that's a thing.

My test drive of the new kit was perfect after I fixed that clutch switch issue. I should have added the cruise years ago.

I stole this photo from the forum for placement reference.

Name:  7794d1411825253-hello-just-got-new-2015-versa-s-planing-some-upgrades-photo-4-.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  95.7 KB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C.C. For This Useful Post:

Chef Groleau (04-05-2022),MrMicra2015 (04-09-2022),Vaszya (04-09-2022)