Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Micra shocks/struts

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Micra shocks/struts

Hello!

As it looks near impossible to find shocks/struts for my 2015 Micra, I just want general opinion if shocks/struts for 2015 Versa note *should* be compatible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mobilekid For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (04-01-2022)

Thanks
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...r-Item?p=23181

I have not done the ones on our 2015 yet. Thinking about it.

Thanks
    Have you tried looking here? https://car-part.com/ ..Ive had great success in finding used parts for my 2019 Micra......I recently purchased 2019 OEM 15 inch alloy rims from a wrecker in the interior of BC for $75 apiece and shipping only cost $60 for all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.6 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HammyJ For This Useful Post:

lone wolf (04-01-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyJ View Post
    Have you tried looking here? https://car-part.com/ ..Ive had great success in finding used parts for my 2019 Micra......I recently purchased 2019 OEM 15 inch alloy rims from a wrecker in the interior of BC for $75 apiece and shipping only cost $60 for all.
    That is a great price. They all want $100 to $150 (plus shipping) now it seems. Lower price out east compared to BC for OEM 16" rims.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (04-01-2022)

Thanks
    For sure....though there is no shortage of 16 OEM alloy rims out here.....it seems every auto wrecker in BC has a set....I just never liked the look of the 16 inch alloys compared to the 15's.....I had looked into ordering a brand new set of 15 OEM rims......finally one dealer tracked down the part number and said they could bring them in at employee pricing at $1600 for a set of four. Im sure glad I waited....I knew there had to be a wrecked S or SV with an appearance package out there....and there was.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.6 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    excellent savings just waiting. Yeah I would want 15" alloys but have not taken the plunge yet. 16" means a tire change and we have a good set of All weather Nokians on it. Not willing to give away a good set of rubber that was expensive at Kal Tire.=)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (04-02-2022)

Thanks
    I looked at after market 15 inch alloy rims, but I never saw any that looked as good as the OEM 15 inch alloy rims....There used to be tons of them on ebay in the UK....reasonably priced, but the shipping costs were prohibitive....so I thought Id just be patient....I looked on carpart.com regularly, and sho nuff one day they showed up......basically brand new....no curb marks whatsoever....How are you liking your Nokians?.....I hear good things about them.....

Thanks
    HammyJ - the Nokian WRG4 are alright. A compromise between an all season and a real winter tire. The Micra being light so yeah you get some wheel spin in snow and ice. Road holding is good. They are a touch noisier than a summer tire - expected but not that bad really. Cost savings in terms of just one set of rims and tires is excellent. The Nokians have a 105K tread life warranty. Since we do not put tons of miles on the car each year we will probably year them out. After a year of use we dropped by Kal Tire for a free tire rotation and after the tech did a tread depth check they had no wear to justify a rotation. Have not been back to do it in a few years frankly = ) I hope I have been OK at describing the experience we have with them. Buy again? yes we would.

Thanks
    Any luck with your suspension? I too am looking to replace front and rear, would prefer loaded assemblies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilekid View Post
    Hello!

As it looks near impossible to find shocks/struts for my 2015 Micra, I just want general opinion if shocks/struts for 2015 Versa note *should* be compatible.
    Finally replace the front suspension on my 2015 Micra and can confirm the parts from a versa note fits exactly the same.
    Have fun on that top nut and watch your knuckles!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speg For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (09-04-2023),LilGeckos (09-04-2023)