Thread: Battery

Thanks

Battery

Hi all!

Last week we decided to change the battery on our 2018 Micra SV. A new battery at our Nissan dealer was $320.00 + $70.00 (installation fees)+ taxes. Total expense would had been about $440.00. It's a lot of money for a 480 CCA battery, isn't it? Rather than buy it we went to a Battery Expert store in out area and bought a 510 CCA battery for $173.00 (installation and taxes included and a long term warranty). Very happy with this purchase. The new battery is just a bit larger so we had to remove the white plastic basket (don't think it's very useful, anyway). I don't know why Nissan sells our Micra's battery that much. After all, the stock battery doesn't seem to be a super duper battery.

Thanks
    The battery in our 2015 Nissan Micra is original and its still good going into its eight year. Buy an aftermarket and they last maybe 2-3 years tops. You get what you pay for. My mechanic recomends the OEM batteries from the manufactuerer as he says they seem to last
    $70 install is cheap. If I buy an aftermarket battery from my mechanic he tosses it in for free. Is your new battery made in China or Japan or USA?
    Glad you are happy.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I replaced mine with a dealer battery last august cause no one else had it in stock. January rolls around and the battery is dead again. Dealer tells me to pound sand cause I put it in my self and only brought them dead battery. They said I should have left it in, towed it to them, booked an appointment for a test with their “special tools”, and I would have to pay the diagnostic fee up front of 170. They would refund the fee if it was a defective battery and give me a free battery but would have to pay for the install.

F that noise. I don’t have days to spend on that Garbo.

It was towed it to my mechanic and had him replace it and confirm no parasitic draw.

Dealer was Greg vann in Cambridge.

Oh yeah. Head office told me to pound sand as well.

Thanks
    Brutal. I guess over the last 7 years the quality has dropped. I would just buy one at Costco then when I do replace it. Same crap.

Thanks
    Not to go too deep i to legal matter your steps to solve the issue are BBB then consumer protection agency. 99% your problem will be solved. If you are in Cambridge area pm me.
    Last edited by Plutus; 04-03-2022 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    the battery must have come with SOME sort of warranty even though you installed it yourself.....if the battery didn't make it a year,either something else is wrong..or the battery is defective..but i think most "defective" battery probably are not...looks like me and plutus are your legal team...lol..

GENERALLY i replace the battery every 8 years...usually it needs it. walmart or costco...walmart may be slightly superior at the moment because made by Johnson controls ,,,,, or poof....buyout and now ....Clarios also manufacturers many other brands of batteries, including Diehard, Everstart, Duralast, and Kirklands. ...so either

Last edited by MrMicra2015; 04-09-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!