Thread: Transmission Fluid Change at 140,000 Kms

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Transmission Fluid Change at 140,000 Kms

Hi everyone!

This is my first post to the forum- my girlfriend owns a 2015 Micra (SV Trim, 1.6L engine, 4-speed auto transmission) and I am the lucky lad who gets to maintain it for her! I want this car to last as long as possible. I've been wanting to do the transmission fluid and spark plugs on it since I don't have any record of those being done before.

Would I be at any risk of the transmission slipping if I change the fluid at 140,000 kilometers? I watched a video on how to do it, tried accessing the fill port by taking out the coolant tank, battery, etc. and the stupid wiring harness is so tight I literally can't move it out of the way to even get my hands on the cap, let alone getting it off with a screwdriver (since I don't have whatever tool Nissan wants you to use).

Has anyone had their transmission fluid done at a mechanic? If so, what mileage was it done at and how much did it cost? (I'm from canada but willing to take answers from anywhere). I want to do it myself but it's genuinely so frustrating not being able to get access to the port that I might have a mechanic I trust to do it for me depending on the cost.

Hoping to get some insight from some higher mileage owners or anyone with experience getting the fluid changed.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Watch my video on how to do it without disassembling anything its in the forum somewhere just search. For slippage no it wont slip if you do partial change of around 2litres then start changing frequently after that 25-30K km. And be sure to get new drain bolt washer thats a must to replace if you dont wont to get into problems with leaks.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Watch my video on how to do it without disassembling anything its in the forum somewhere just search. For slippage no it wont slip if you do partial change of around 2litres then start changing frequently after that 25-30K km. And be sure to get new drain bolt washer thats a must to replace if you dont wont to get into problems with leaks.
    Thank you! I have watched your video, which is excellent by the way. I think I need to do this when the car is warmer, because for some reason the wiring harness on my car runs directly over the fill port and I really have to pull on it to get it out of the way. Doesn't help that it's freezing cold outside. If I can get that cap off I should be okay.

When you put the cap back on, did you put it on backwards or someway to make it easier for the next drain and fill? Or did you put it back on how it came originally.

Thanks
    For checking level put it opposite way for it not to lock itself and be tight enough on o ring not to shoot oil out from the tube while u are testing. And when all done lock it in place the way it was. But to take it out no need to take any bolt out from the engine bay just follow my hand position how i did it and try to do exact same way u will reach it i am sure. Its a bit awkward at first but you will get it. And the hook is very important make sure to find something close to that shape to unlock dipstick.