Thread: Aftermarket headunit

Thanks

Aftermarket headunit

Does anyone have a good headunit replacement? I care about apple car play & android auto... do not care about a reverse cam.

Thoughts?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Do you care about Bluetooth calling?

Thanks
    When I had my Micra and thought about putting a head unit in to replace my defective one, I spoke to a custom car accessories shop and they mentioned that they have and also sell harnesses that can be adapted to allow you to use the car's stock features with the headunit (steering wheel controls, backup cam, Bluetooth calling). I don't know what everything costs individually, but I got quoted $1,000 for an Android auto capable radio and all of the extra harnesses with the installation fee.

Thanks
    I got a Kenwood DPX302U from crutchfield.ca back in 2017 and it's still doing well. It seems discontinued but at the time I literally bought one of the cheapest they had with good reviews. Kenwood seems like good quality. I got the dash kit and all the wiring harness and antenna adapter from that website too. If I remember correctly if you enter your car model they'll suggest what you need (you'll probably need to enter a Versa cuz Micra isn't on their list). If you want to keep the steering wheel buttons functional you'll need an extra adapter, so keep that in mind.

However, it looks like a lot of models aon that website are out of stock due to the micro chip shortage..

Thanks
    pretty much any head unit will fit, i think you ll need to replace the 2ohm speakers also. i have an S so was lucky to get a steering wheel, let alone any controls on it

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!