Canadian Snowbird in Mexico... this car is still sold in Mexico but with a different badging.... the Micra in Mexico is known as the Nissan "March". The 2021 March "Sense" (not the cheapest) comes with a 1.6l engine, auto transmission, AC (standard on all models) and keyless locks.. of course a decent radio with Bluetooth and various inputs. Price all taxes and fees in (a curious unknown concept in Canada) about CA $14,500 brand new. Changes for this 2021 year are safety related.. now 6 air bags and ABS braking.

Highway mileage seems unbelievable... According to the built in Scan Gauge, I regularly get over 20km per liter.. 21 if the AC is off. To be fair, the roads here are of the 85kmph variety with topes (speed bumps galore). Fuel economy in town is about 11 or 12km/liter... not so good.

The only gripe I had was the car came with cheap poor quality tires (tread wear rating of only 350) from China.. they got replaced with some Mexican ones of much better quality and a much higher tread wear rating... and being new I quickly sold the Chinese tires at a big discount... they are likely on some old Tsuru (a Mexican traveling coffin)

It's too bad this car is no longer sold in Canada, it's quite popular in Mexico.. this is a good piece of kit, and is so far has been reliable and without issue. With good quality grabby snow tires, tires that give a little more clearance this car would be a good go anywhere winter car.. although it seats 5 it's not ideal for a big family... 1 or 2 kids would be the max.

Then again... it's a $60 grand SUV or F150 grocery getter in every Canadians driveway isn't it... Common sense does not reign supreme...