Thread: P0448 Code - Evap system, gas tank air rush when removing cap

Thanks

P0448 Code - Evap system, gas tank air rush when removing cap

Hey everyone, I just started getting this issue today. When I went to fuel up my car, as soon as i opened the gas cap, a bunch of air rushed out. Then when I started filling it up, the pump kept on stopping like my car was full. Every 50 cents. Its really irretating.

I got an error code too. Its P0448, but i really dont know where I should be looking as i didnt find anyone who had the same issue on their micra

Please help !

Thanks
    Thats evap valve. But before ordering and changing the part i would try to be sure that gas cap is working properly. In either case better to go to mechanic is super easy diagnosis. With scan tool and may be smoketest.

Thanks
    Would a bad gas cap make fuel come back up the nozzle of the fuel pump? It fid that too when i was refueling, then it spilled

Thanks
    If fuel cam up the nozzle and spilled i would change the pump first or whole station. Go to another gas station and try there. If there is pressure inside then pump should stop pumping when nozzle senses that pressure. So something wrong with that station. For gas cap oh yeah those caps can cause very wierd problems sometimes

Thanks
    Hahaha, as soon as the gas came back up, the gun stopped. I think ill just order a new gas cap and start with that