Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Exhaust flange completly rusted off

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Exhaust flange completly rusted off

    Hey everyone, recently noticed my muffler did a lot of noise so I decided to check under the car. The flange on the exhaust, connecting the mid pipe with the exhaust does not seem to exist anymore. View images

    Can I install a new one or do I have to buy a whole mew muffler/exhaust or whatever?
    Name:  IMG_20211120_062630.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  83.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211120_062423.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  78.0 KB



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    So rusty. Your also missing the exhaust donut. Mine did that. I don't have a welder so my options were either a stainless kit from China or Hong Kong OR keep the muffler system intact and cheap out. I ended up using a Volkswagen style clamp on ebay from the uk but I had to grind the welds off flush to make the pipes smooth and flush to make it work. I believe I used the 1.5" clamp.
    Now my front cat clamp is cracked but atleast it is staying on for now..

    Name:  Screenshot_20211121-154008_eBay.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  81.5 KB

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    So rusty. Your also missing the exhaust donut. Mine did that. I don't have a welder so my options were either a stainless kit from China or Hong Kong OR keep the muffler system intact and cheap out. I ended up using a Volkswagen style clamp on ebay from the uk but I had to grind the welds off flush to make the pipes smooth and flush to make it work. I believe I used the 1.5" clamp.
    Now my front cat clamp is cracked but atleast it is staying on for now..

    Name:  Screenshot_20211121-154008_eBay.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  81.5 KB
    To be able to use this, i would have to be able to remove the flange but i cant unscrew it because of the rust

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    I grinded mine off flush with pipe. My other option was this https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...aust-installed

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    I grinded mine off flush with pipe. My other option was this https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...aust-installed
    Id rather change the muffler, since its a cleaner solution. But if i cant unscrew the bolts, ill probably do liek you did.


    Edit: Just checked out the link you posted. Definetly dont have the budget for a 600$ muffler.

    Wondering if a Nissan versa muffler will fit on a micra
    Last edited by NicolasAllard; 11-21-2021 at 06:41 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    The Versa is a bit longer.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
    Go to the body shop and ask to solve the problem they will weld it or go to muffler shop and they will also offer reasonable solution.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Just cut off the flanges and put in a piece of pipe and some clamps. All in all, it should be less than 20 bucks of parts from Canadian Tire. A few of us have done it. Personally, I went with a reducer that fit inside the muffler side and slid over the engine side of the pipe. I don't remember what size I used; maybe someone else will remember the diameter of the pipe.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    The diameter of the pipe is 1.5 in

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Go to the body shop and ask to solve the problem they will weld it or go to muffler shop and they will also offer reasonable solution.
    Hi, thank you for your comment. What type of clamp would you recommend?



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •