Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0011 Error code (clean or replace VVT solenoid?)

Thanks

P0011 Error code (clean or replace VVT solenoid?)

Hello everyone!

I know there is already a topic about this specific error, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

My micra currently has 129 000 KM on it and i got my first check engine this week.

My ODB2 scanner returned me a P0011 error code. I know its about the VVT solenoid, but I am unsure if i have to change it or clean it. This error has lead to my car stalling, a couple of times at low speed, usually right after I start the engine and begin driving. My engine also seems to be hesitating, resulting in my car shaking a bit.

I am due for an oil change and I also ordered new spark plugs (for general maintenance. I'm going to be changing them in a couple of days. Since I will already have a couple of parts out of the way for the spark plug change, making the VVT solenoid accessible, ill also be checking it out.

I guess my question is, since my car is still able to run, does it mean the solenoid is just dirty? I assume that since i can still drive the car, the solenoid must not be broken, but i am not sure if thats how that works lol. Should I order a new one right away or is it usually only occuring because it is dirty/the oil is dirty?

Sorry if this is confusing, I really don't know how to formulate this

Last edited by MetroMPG; 12-21-2021 at 07:42 PM. Reason: (added info to title)

Thanks
    Its super easy to take out so u can try cleaning it but to change spark plugs in this engine is not an easy job so i wouldnt even call it maintenance item.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Its super easy to take out so u can try cleaning it but to change spark plugs in this engine is not an easy job so i wouldnt even call it maintenance item.
    Changing the spark plugs doesnt look hard, i just have to take a bunch of stuff off the top of the engine to access the plugs. Same for the vvt solenoid

Thanks
    i think the vvt be easier than the sparkplugs too!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    For vvt solenoid u dont need to take anything but solenoid itself. For spark plugs too much disassembly and gasket replacements required. And 129k km is nothing for those spark plugs u should be good for at least 200k.

Thanks
    i think there is 2 intake and the one you cant see exhaust (on opposite side of block)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    i think there is 2 intake and the one you cant see exhaust (on opposite side of block)
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...timing-)/page2

or i can buy this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32818453388.html

and add 20 dollars and sell to you if u want...lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

Thanks
    There are 2 one on intake and one on exhaust intake is easy exhaust should be harder but if spark plugs are easy job then u wouldnt have any issue accessing it. I would just clean intake side properly and put it back. Also i would recommend changing oil to 0w20 if you are still on 5w30. There were less problems in dealerships with that solenoid when they switched to 0w20.

Thanks
    I already did my oil change sadly. But the error code p0011 points towards bank 1. So I should order a new one and change the front one right?

Thanks
    Hope u reset errors before testing. And yes if error is still thete replace