Thread: 2015 Muffler or Cat delete

Thanks

2015 Muffler or Cat delete

I am having a local shop run 2" exhaust from cat back. I am considering ceta delete to universal muffler or cat to muffler delete. Anyone done this on the forum?

Thanks
    I did a resonator delete back in the spring on my 2015. Not by choice mind you, but its deleted none the less still to this day. It basically rusted off at the welds and fell off. I straight piped where the resonator used to be to the cat. The whole exhaust system might as well have been made out of pre-rusted tin can material for the amount of times I've had flanges or welds rust completely out. I would be cautious that mods could cause issues elsewhere along the exhaust if there's any extra strain on anything.
    IMO The resonator delete sound is similar to that of removing the muffler, but not nearly as loud and only at low RPM. Anything over about 2500 rpm or any highway speeds and there is almost no difference from original exhaust. The problem I had was that the resonator has 2 hangars on it so the exhaust pipe had to be supported a different way.
    I have also driven it with no muffler after it broke off at the flange and the sound is "hole in muffler". I Wasn't a fan. Its just sounds trashy IMO and its loud with a constant droning sound at any higher speeds. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanks so much for the info Richard, I really appreciate it. I am taking it into a local shop next Thursday to have a look. I am definitely not looking for the "hole in the muffler sound" �� The resonator delete with 2" exhaust cat to muffler might be the ticket. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I did a resonator delete back in the spring on my 2015. Not by choice mind you, but its deleted none the less still to this day. It basically rusted off at the welds and fell off. I straight piped where the resonator used to be to the cat. The whole exhaust system might as well have been made out of pre-rusted tin can material for the amount of times I've had flanges or welds rust completely out. I would be cautious that mods could cause issues elsewhere along the exhaust if there's any extra strain on anything.
    IMO The resonator delete sound is similar to that of removing the muffler, but not nearly as loud and only at low RPM. Anything over about 2500 rpm or any highway speeds and there is almost no difference from original exhaust. The problem I had was that the resonator has 2 hangars on it so the exhaust pipe had to be supported a different way.
    I have also driven it with no muffler after it broke off at the flange and the sound is "hole in muffler". I Wasn't a fan. Its just sounds trashy IMO and its loud with a constant droning sound at any higher speeds. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kindalonismo For This Useful Post:

Richard (10-07-2021)