Thread: Changing OEM 15in rims to SR 16in rims questions

Thanks

Changing OEM 15in rims to SR 16in rims questions

Hey everyone, I have the convenience package 15in rims but like the look of the SR 16in rims. After reading over a few posts I wanted to ask for more clarification with if I can swap my rims with the OEM SR 16in rims and not need to change anything? Or because they have a different offset (if I am reading correctly 50 offset for 15in and 55 for 16in) do I need to do anything different? Also is there a problem with swapping back and forth between the 15 and 16 each season?

I am looking at a used set of SR 16in rims online, and would make those my summer rims, and then have my 15in OEM rims with my winter tires. I currently have steelies for the winter tires but I like the look of the SR rims, and so if I get those I will have 3 sets of rims, and thought I would get rid of the plain black ones.

Also, what is a good price for SR 16in rims. I am talking to someone now and they are asking $160 which seems very good. I have never bought used rims before and don't know what I should be looking for tho. It sounds like a good deal, but they also have several other cars rims for sale so they are likely not the original owner. Maybe a mechanic or junk yard, I am not sure. All 4 rims look pretty good to me in the pictures they have provided. Any help and insight is appreciated.

I have included the image links that were provided to me, couldn't figure out how to upload them since I only had the web image.

Full set image
    Lower left
    Lower right
    Upper right
    Upper left

Thanks
    Will fit without any modification dont worry.

Thanks
    160 for a set of 4 round rims with any sort of tire is a pretty good deal, your looking to make sure the rim hasn't hit a pothole and is bent, you can usually see and by running your hand around them obvious damage...if you don't notice anything there probably wont be a problem. they look OK to me
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    by running your hand around them obvious damage...if you don't notice anything there probably wont be a problem. they look OK to me
    Can you do that with the tire on? Like just the edge of where the rim and tire are?

I think the tires are bald and would be changing the tires once I start using the rims. But I might not use them for a while as my current summer tires are still good, but are a different size so I can't just change the tire over and also can't justify getting 2 sets of summers. But i hadn't seen many full sets of the SR rims in my searches, and at this price as well. So I didn't want to pass it up, will leave it in the garage until the time comes.

Thanks
    yes....buying them now and using the tires up you have now dosent sound like a bad plan
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I've decided against getting them as it ended up being too far away and might be a few years before I need new tires. If anyone is interested I posted the ad for them in the web finds/for sale section.