Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner ...1 Week Old

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Owner ...1 Week Old

Hi from Toronto...got my Nissan Micra a week ago 900 total KM (so far) two fill ups (running on my second fill up, one from dealer second by me).

I have base model Micra with AC and Automatic.

Keep you posted how its going....
    Will be testing a set of rims later today (steel rims for winter)...if the rims that I have don't work, then will be using existing rims for winter.

Working on some changes ...did some last week ..and doing some more this week..

Cons so far and let me know if you agree or not:
    No light under the hood
    No light inside glove box
    No light in the back seat
    No hanger in the back seat or front (not even coat hanger)
    No arm rest (not sure which option has the arm rest
    If you getting this car...I highly recommend keyless entry (power window is not a big deal)

Color of my car is Silver

Thanks
    Hello, hyedegha! Congrats on your Micra.

I think only the SV & SR come with the driver's arm rest. That said, often you can get aftermarket console/arm rest combinations (e.g. EBay) that mount in the rear cupholder of the existing centre console.

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested to see your modifications.

And welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the site. Its great to have another owner here.

What would be your list of pluses?

Thanks
    Great choice in colour!

The missing lights are par for the course for the Micra and cars like it, but should be easy enough to add. I'm thinking, besides the glovebox, underhood, and backseat light, I'd also like to add front seat floor lights, door lights, and perhaps a light to light up the cup holders. It is nice that they put a light in the boot, never had that with my original Micra.

Welcome to the club! I'm in Toronto pretty much every day, so I hope to see you around!

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks ... will be adding LED amber light for floor lighting. I changed the map light to led amber light added glove box light and trunk light (magnetic flash light :+) simple didn't want to get the wiring harness yet. Will be modifying front marker light to stay on and to blink with the blinker and the light beside running light will change to led light as well.

Pros.
    Very affordable, easy to park, perfect commuter car for the price...mine has no bells and whistles, but it does the job radio, ac, automatic, deck plays mp3 and has aux out. Car has alot of power for its size ...haven't had any issue keeping up with other cars/trucks on the highway...it is zippy. I love that it is 15 inch tires (one of the reasons I went with this car rather then the Mirage) and that it is not 3 cylinder...the mirage did lack the power ...but yes for same price you get all the bells and whistles and more!!! but i rather have comfortable drive over bells and whistles. Honest...the car drives amazing, brakes are very responsive steering is good (yes it is sensitive ...electric steering). even though some people call it tin can :+) ...inside car is 70% quieter then my 2012 dodge caravan. Minor issues...there was rattle from spare tire but once I had it down and put some rubber the noise went away and there is rattle from front when in drive and i have the brake on ...maybe will adjust the hood rubber adjusters. AC kicks in and out alot (the A/C clutch) something i will be looking into with the dealer just in case it doesnt have enough freon/gas.

Question for other micra owners .. you find the speakers are not the greatest ...specially if you listen to music on high volume..is it the same with higher model? I also find the radio reception not the greatest and cd / iphone sounds better then radio (i know thats the case always ) ...well happy commuting everyone ...will be filling up the 3rd fill up tommorow should be hitting 1000 before 3rd fill up.

Not putting HID lights because the lights are bright enough...again to me this is a commuter car and i recommend for someone starting to drive ( in 5 years this will be my son's first car).

Will be adding on power door locks next month but will not be adding power windows.

Thanks
    Great stuff hyedegha!

When you do the modifications, please share them here with some pictures so others can learn too.

Thanks
    As for the speakers, my K13 Micra is full options but it has the same speakers as yours. There is a Pioneer upgrade in Europe, don't know how they sound though.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/c...2011/page.html

Thanks
    I agree about the speakers. I mean, for what I paid for the car, they sound decent enough...and I like to listen to podcasts a lot, so they're more than adequate for that...but yeah, I know what you mean when it comes time to crank up the volume for some great tunes, the clarity isn't there anymore. I think we notice it more because they sound pretty good at lower volumes. I'll get some use out of these, but replacement speakers are definitely on my list. I have the convenience package, which upgrades the head unit, but I believe the speakers are the same as in the base models.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, please post threads about your modifications!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Don't worry metro, I'm gonna modify soooo much on my micra! Gonna be one fun toy...I'm thinking of importing the euro led stock tail lights from Europe but I donno...but my fiance is a music freak so I need to get a sweet speaker set lol