Thread: US: Video review Nissan Micra test drive in southern California

Thanks

US: Video review Nissan Micra test drive in southern California

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12W2_kbLFYs

The Fast Lane Car had a chance to test out a Tenessee-plated 2014 Micra in southern California last September, and the reviewer loved it.

One big difference though: he drove the 1.2L supercharged triple, not the 1.6L naturally aspirated 4-cylinder.

He loved the car's character, and playful handling. Its "sporty suspension setup" was more exciting to drive than a Yaris, and maybe just a half step below the Mazda2 in terms of driving enjoyment (his favourite car in the class).

He can "sit behind himself" in the relatively comfortable back seat.

Not so impressed with the interior though - a hard plastic interior "like the Versa."

In the end, and he likes it more than the new Versa Note hatchback, and figures it'd be a fantastic $8000 car that would sell well in the U.S. He finishes the video practically pleading for Nissan to bring it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hard plastic I can definitely deal with. A 1.2L supercharged engine would be a blast. What are the specs on it (can't view videos at work)?

I would have to agree, a FUN $8000 car would sell like hotcakes here in the US!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Alright, I got home and took a look. 1.2L supercharged gives us 97 hp (he is wrong) and 108 ft/lbs of torque. The 1.6L gives us a fair amount more horsepower (109 hp), and only 1 ft/lb of torque less. Granted, I'm sure it is heavier. I'm sure the 1.2 also would return better fuel economy.