Thread: Anyone having difficulty closing their Micra hatch?....

Thanks

Anyone having difficulty closing their Micra hatch?....

I seem to have this niggling problem.......Im very pleased with my Micra overall, but this does cause a bit of frustration from time to time....Ive had Honda Civics, and Honda Elements that had hatches, and you could fill the cargo space to the gunnels, close the hatch and it would close properly, even if stuff was pressing against the windows.....not so it seems with my Micra......it seems if anything is touching the hatch door, the hatch fails to lock properly.....Im more careful about it now, and am careful to keep things away from the hatch door.....but I guess it wasnt designed to handle being "stuffed to the gunnels".....Anyone else experienced a finicky hatch?....I should mention I drive a 2019 Micra SV....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I also have a 2019 SV and used it to move my stuff to a new place, my back was stuffed to the gunnel and the hatch closed properly everytime I closed it even with bag of clothes press against the hatch, get that checked at the dealer or mechanic you might have a faulty hatch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NBGuy89 For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (08-02-2021)

Thanks
    I have to slam my rear hatch pretty hard even when empty unless I leave a door or window open to release the air pressure.
    Why not give that a try.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (08-02-2021)

Thanks
    Ahhhh....makes tons of sense.......It hasnt been doing it lately, because Ive been leaving the rear windows down a crack to allow heat to vent when the car is sitting......and yes, it seemed to do it only when all the windows were rolled up completely....mystery solved!....thank you!.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Glad I could help, I always say try the simple stuff first.
    If you’ve ever sat in your Micra when someone else closes the hatch you’ll probably think what the hell, take it easy ( at least I do) Such a small car with well sealed doors & windows it happens.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (08-02-2021),MetroMPG (08-03-2021)

Thanks
    Have had to lube the rear lock a few times. When it is really cold (like -25 or lower) it does not close to the 2nd latch (hands on the safety latch) which is a PITA. Ah maintenance!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (12-27-2021)