Thread: 2 questions. Throttle controller and SRS coding for sound deadening?

Thanks

2 questions. Throttle controller and SRS coding for sound deadening?

After pulling the seats, am I going to need to get the dealer to reprogram the seat track position sensors? Pulling all the seats for sound deadening... I know this is an issue for some makes and models.

Also, now that it is 2021 and none of the old links work, what's the best bang for buck throttle controller for these things?

Also let's add a third, is the HPS short ram still the intake of choice?

Would have broken this up into its respective subthreads, but the sub is slowing down, might as well post it all in general tech talk, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    what seat track sensors????

see 2$ short ramintake from MrMicra (*some affiliation...lol)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Dunno, I just know most vehicles need programming after pulling the seats. Are ours cheap enough that the SRS system actually doesn't know where the seat is to time the bags? Pretty sure its a requirement. Hell even our Mirage has issues with it (seats will program themselves if you short the battery leads)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I use the hps short ram intake for over a year now and have had zero problems no lights or anything and it makes a nice induction note but I am converting into a true cold air but for the price the hps is defiantly a good choice I have no complaints, don’t expect to gain power though just a nice noise

Thanks
    I dont think the car knows where the seats are,just if there is someone in it or not. Plan is to get the bags out as soon as there is an accident...the side bags on our car dont even wait for that!..lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Nickels, did you solve the seat issue?

My understanding is you won't disturb the airbag system and trigger the light as long as you don't turn the ignition ON while the airbag wires are disconnected and the seat is out.

I've pulled airbag-equipped seats from a Fit and a Mirage following this rule and had no trouble. Usually to shampoo or lift the carpet for some reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...