Thread: Front Bumper Falling Off

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Front Bumper Falling Off

Has anyone experienced the plastic brackets holding the front bumper breaking?

I have two on the driver's side that are broken. The front bumper has become loose and needs to be re-fitted.

No sign of a collision or other impact.

My Micra has 65K and is 4 years old. No other issues.

Thanks
    no...someone backed into you in a parking lot
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I had the bumper come off partially as I hit a ramp backing up. The pavement hit the bottom of the bumper and dislodged it from the clips, it also damaged some of them. A few hits with the palm of my hand got things back in place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't know if this is the same thing. Today I parked facing forward and was, unbeknownst to me, on a high curb. When I backed out, I heard a crunching/grinding/awful sound. Didn't think too much of it (figured it was just the bottom of the front bumper scraping a bit louder than I have heard before) but when I got home I noticed that there was a bit of a space where the bumper "connects" to the rest of the car. On closer examination, I see that a screw enclosed in a screw casing has pulled out.

My car is 7 years old and in pretty good shape (people think it is much newer). Any idea how much something like this could cost to repair --- and does it really have to be repaired? I don't think there is any way the bumper would actually pull off unless someone tugged at it, but I guess it has also lessened the protection the bumper should provide.

Help, please. WHat should I do? I'm tempted to put some duct tape on it and just let it be.......

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the bumper COVER has separated from the car because it got hooked on the concrete block, you need to reverse the force. try whacking it HARD with your hand only (with towel around it?) OR drive up to a wall and "PUSH" (i have never tried that or heard of anyone who has) IN NO WAY IS THE CRASH PROTECTION COMPROMISED. duct tape would work but look goofy. as long as the bumper COVER doesnt look like it will imminently fall off(jiggle it) JUST LEAVE IT
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

patty (06-20-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    the bumper COVER has separated from the car because it got hooked on the concrete block, you need to reverse the force. try whacking it HARD with your hand only (with towel around it?) OR drive up to a wall and "PUSH" (i have never tried that or heard of anyone who has) IN NO WAY IS THE CRASH PROTECTION COMPROMISED. duct tape would work but look goofy. as long as the bumper COVER doesnt look like it will imminently fall off(jiggle it) JUST LEAVE IT
    Thanks -- I'm a 71 year old woman who knows the steering wheel, the gas tank, and how to put air in the tires.... PERIOD. I doubt it will fall off because when I am driving, of course it is with the wind created, not against the wind. I saw an online video that made it look really easy to glue into place. I wouldn't do that myself but probably not a very expensive repair (she says hopefully ha ha ha). I might take it to a gas station near me that says it does minor body work --- and see what they say. I'll also try whacking it a few times before I do that. I suspect that won't work because of the screw situation.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yea. i understand ...i dont think your looking for a cat back sytem and nitrous...we have talked before!..im 55 by the way

my dad just turned 90 and is driving his beloved 2002 nissan 4x4 pickup

personally id just leave it,if it aint actually falling off there are probably 12 other screws holding it on...WIGGLE IT..if it doesnt look like its gonna fall off leave alone...or "gorilla" duct tape it if your worried...its not worth 300+ bucks to fix right now

if you can SEE the screws..loosen then before whacking..then tighten

86 year old mother just got a 2020 rav 4 after her 1994 doge caravan packed it in
    you seen to have alot of common sense so i think you will make a wise decision

as always
    we are all here to help and offer non consequential advice!!!
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 06-21-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

patty (06-21-2021)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks = the brackets were broken so a simple push would not work. Bit the bullet and had the brackets replaced and the bumper re-mounted. $250 all in. On we go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RMG For This Useful Post:

patty (06-21-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    That's what I did, a hard smack to bang it back in place. It reconnected to the plastic clips that "secure" it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajijic For This Useful Post:

patty (06-21-2021)

Thanks
    Update. I did give it a smart smack, and something obviously "caught". So it is not longer loose but it is also not smooth where it meets the other bit. But I no longer fear it falling off, so that is good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patty For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (07-01-2021)