Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch going way out of adjustment. SOLVED: cable end broken.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Clutch going way out of adjustment. SOLVED: cable end broken.

I think I need a new clutch 276k on 2015
    Checked the brake fluid it is full
    It is getting hard to put in gear when pedal is fully depressed gets better as car warms up
    Does anyone know if it is the same clutch as a 2015 Versa since I can find no listing for a Micra with a1.6 engine.

Thanks
    I looked on partssource.ca and rockauto.com and they had nothing.

And nobody else in the forum has replaced their clutch yet (at least I couldn't find a thread).

I bet it's the same part. But to be safe, I'd call the parts department at your Nissan dealer and get the parts number.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    a worn out clutch wouldn't make it any harder to put into gear, an internally leaking clutch master cylinder, (or slave cylinder...good luck in that one its internal) might...if you put foot on clutch, put into gear and leave foot on clutch does it eventually engage the clutch with foot still on floor?

OR

man trans fluid is so viscous/full of metal its keeping the gears moving and makes engagement hard.

OR

1st gear syncro worn? (is their such a thing?)

have you ever changed the fluid ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Thank You the parts dept says disc is different plate and slave the same 900 for all 3 Amazon has a Versa one for about 230 cheap than Rockauro and good reviews.

Thanks
    Thank You I have run out of travel the clutch is barely released when the petal is on the floor.

Thanks
    Sounds like the slave.

My Miata has a very, very slow clutch fluid leak, and if I let it get low, it's the same symptom. The engagement point gets lower to the floor and it starts getting harder to put into & take out of gear.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It is actually the clutch petal that has moved lower at rest.I pulled it up and it works fine I just have to figure out how it is held in place.Good news is clutch is fine bad news is how to keep the pedal where it belongs.

Thanks
    is there not a return spring on the pedal under the dash?

OR
    the springs on the pressure plate worn(but clutch would slip then)
    Or

is there a freeplay adjustment nut anywhere from pedal to clutch cylinder under dash? it sounds like the disc wore, your freeplay got more and you need to adjust it to be less.
    it should be the rod between pedal and clutch cylinder
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 04-27-2021 at 09:30 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I will likely be doing a micra clutch soon as my 18 year old daughter drives my old micra on a daily basis and she has already literally burnt the clutch out of our Juke. I am changing the Juke clutch in the driveway hopefully i get that done before the micra clutch fails. Stay tuned.

Thanks
    It's Pete!! Good to hear from you.

Maybe post a play-by-play on your Micra clutch? Nobody else has done one yet.

I've never changed a clutch in any car... but I don't have an 18 year old daughter.